FSX Blinking

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

FSX Blinking

Postby WonderPower » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:42 pm

Do you have a solution for the VIVE to sort out the problem in FSX when is blinking?

2SLI 1080, i7 5930k, 64RAM
WonderPower

Re: FSX Blinking

Postby admin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:18 pm

I'm not sure quite what you mean by blinking, but try disabling SLI. SLI doesn't work nicely with FlyInside FSX and can cause all sorts of weird glitches. DirectX 9 is too old for VR SLI support.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby WonderPower » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:54 pm

Well, the game works perfectly with SLI without VR system, I mean the view start to blink when I move the head, when I stop moving the head everithing goes well, but we need to move the head to fly correctly, anyway I am going to disable the SLI and tell you again what happen.
Thank you.
WonderPower

Postby cherbert » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:55 pm

WonderPower wrote:Well, the game works perfectly with SLI without VR system, I mean the view start to blink when I move the head, when I stop moving the head everithing goes well, but we need to move the head to fly correctly, anyway I am going to disable the SLI and tell you again what happen.
Thank you.

Are you using FSX Steam Edition? You could try disabling the Steam overlay.
cherbert

Postby Robert » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:20 am

WonderPower - FlyInside for FSX does not work well with SLI. I believe Dan has it working with P3D but that is a different version of DirectX.

At least try turning it off. It's good advice.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby WonderPower » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:53 am

Hello, I have dissabled the SLI to use FlyInside and it is working, but it is the only software which obligate to do it in my computer. Please try to fix it. Thank You. I would like to play using both of my graphics cards.
WonderPower

Postby admin » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:20 am

Sorry, FlyInside FSX isn't going to support SLI. It's a DirectX9 game, too old for VR SLI support which only works with DX11. SLI wouldn't help a huge amount either way, FSX is mostly CPU limited. If you really want to try SLI, FlyInside P3D supports it :) That said, it doesn't make a large FPS difference.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to HTC Vive