6DOF virtual windows orientation

As the title says, get involved,share or discuss new ideas or features. (PLEASE NO BUGS)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

6DOF virtual windows orientation

Postby BlueThing » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:16 am

Hello,

in addition to the feature request "Remember window locations and sizes" which I totally support and even think should get high priority I'd like to add another idea:

Allow to move, locate and arrange the window inside the cockpit in any(!) possible orientation
By 'any' I mean 6 degree of freedoms (not only up/down, right/left, fwd/back but also rotate, roll and pitch)

Right now, when we move the virtual windows, they are always perpendicular to our view. Usually I would actually like to arrange the virtual windows along with the airplane's space or panels:
e.g.
I like to put the IvAp client and external stopwatch aligned with the aircraft's panels, I put the map aligned with the co-pilot door and the checklist I put on the co-pilot seat etc...

For the rotation, rolling and pitching of virtual windows I believe it would be necessary to define short keys.
And maybe one more key to 'reset' the orientation again to be perpendicular again with the view point

cheers
Rig: i7-6700@3.4 | 16GB@3200 | Asus z170i ProGaming | GTX1060 | SSD 500GB(M.2)+525GB | Corsair Hydro 110i
VR: CV1 | FI 1.8 | LM 3.2.0
Sim: P3D 3.3.5 Academic 60%| XP11 30% | DCS 1.5 10%
BlueThing

Return to Flyinside Feature Requests(NEW)