HDR or no?

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: HDR or no?

Postby Stevil » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:46 pm

Astro wrote:Hello

I just played around with HDR and AA of in XP11 using the FI x8 AA.
It is just too much shimmering.
I would really prefer HDR of, but then I get that strange visibility bug.
Looking down everything is ok, but viewing straight out of the cockpit the haze does strang things.
Wolfgang

I thought this was from XP11! Yes, I also know this effect!
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby admin » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:08 pm

Thank you all for your reports so far, and please keep them coming. We'll be resolving this as we figure it out all the details.

One recommendation: there is a definite performance issue which can result from changing settings, which persists until you restart the simulator. I would recommend changing settings, restarting the simulator, and seeing how performance feels after the restart. Comparing FPS after changing settings, but before restarting the sim, could give you some misleading results (and lower fps than necessary).

I'd be interested in hearing if others are seeing the same thing.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Astro » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:17 pm

Hello Dan
I´m restarting when changing settings, as I noticed it is essential.
One other thing, in HDR mode I dont see a difference when changing the AA setting in FI, disabled to x8 looks pretty much the same.
Fxaa is working though.
Wolfgang
I7 6700K 4.2 GHZ-16GB RAM-Titan X Pascal-Win 10-CV1
Astro

Postby theskyisthelimit99 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:38 pm

Astro wrote:Hello Dan
I´m restarting when changing settings, as I noticed it is essential.
One other thing, in HDR mode I dont see a difference when changing the AA setting in FI, disabled to x8 looks pretty much the same.
Fxaa is working though.
Wolfgang

I thought that disabled in XP11 seemed better.. so long as in NI control panel i was setting about 4x SGSS.. anyone else notice this? (my 1080 just cant handle HDR + 4x or even 2x + fxaa well at all, at least in the NYCX addon area)..

Without HDR its just too dark, but i'm considering using Reshade and turning off HDR completely and see how that goes.. (and also hoping for performance increases as we approach full release.. or maybe some magic tweak or more goodness from the flyinside great devs :)
Z170-a | SL Delid 6700k 4.7 1.402-0.008LLC6(vcore=1.44) | F4-3200C15D-16GVK @1.40 at 3466 | TT 3.0 Riing | Thermaltake v51 | Evga 1080FTW Hybrid Water(43c p3d) | Rift | Leap | CH Yoke/Pedals | P3D v3.4.14 and Aerofly FS2 (evo SSD)/XP10(std sata)
Flight-Stew | Tech-Stew
theskyisthelimit99

Postby MartinW » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:28 pm

admin wrote:I'd be interested in hearing if others are seeing the same thing.

Yes, this is all stuff that I have seen and resolved by putting HDR on, AA off in Sim and 8x in FI.
System: i7 6700k, 4.2ghz | 32gb DDR4 | GTX1080 | Asus GeneVIII | 500GB M2.SSD | 2TB Hybrid | W1064
VR: Oculus Rift CV1. Leap Motion.
SIM: P3D, FSX, XP11, Saitek Yoke, Throttle & Trim wheel, CH Pro Pedals
MartinW

Postby theskyisthelimit99 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:41 pm

MartinW wrote:
admin wrote:I'd be interested in hearing if others are seeing the same thing.

Yes, this is all stuff that I have seen and resolved by putting HDR on, AA off in Sim and 8x in FI.

With XP11 b3, i'm NOT seeing this at all.. (my experience anyway, yours may differ)

I did extensive testing this evening.. check out this thread for all the gritty details:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3930&p=17506#p17506

Basically NI AA settings definitely do not impact shimmering with HDR turned on, but will impact the fps (and only if set to override, not enhance).. (HDR off it does help, but things like reshade break flyinside, trying to use something like reshade to brighten up the darkness with hdr off)

3840 was enough of a difference to justify the frame rate drop over 2880.. shadows cost about 4 fps, so i'm leaving those off..
That said at 3840 in FI with no shadows, near KSEA (clear weather) i'm only seeing 26 fps with 4SAA.. i can turn it to 2SAA+FXAA and get to about 35 fps though, or 30 with shadows, but the shimmering ruins it for me.

I saw no difference with FI AA settings, even trying the combo mentioned.
Z170-a | SL Delid 6700k 4.7 1.402-0.008LLC6(vcore=1.44) | F4-3200C15D-16GVK @1.40 at 3466 | TT 3.0 Riing | Thermaltake v51 | Evga 1080FTW Hybrid Water(43c p3d) | Rift | Leap | CH Yoke/Pedals | P3D v3.4.14 and Aerofly FS2 (evo SSD)/XP10(std sata)
Flight-Stew | Tech-Stew
theskyisthelimit99

Postby Jzig » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:34 pm

I've found that 3840 is pretty much necessary for me so I've been tweaking everything around assuming I have to keep that resolution. I haven't really been able to find what is really effecting my FPS, without the old XP10 settings it's hard to know.
I did find in the X-Plane 11\Resources folder a settings.txt that looks like it has more granular control, I just haven't been able to wrap my head around how it works.

Code: Select all
A
SETTINGS

################################################################################
#
#               S T O P ! ! !
#
#   This is X-Plane 11’s settings file.  This is NOT your preferences.  You
#   should not edit this file, delete it, or modify it in any way or X-Plane
#   may stop working.  If you do accidentally touch this file, simply re-run
#   the updater to get a new clean file.  Your preferences are in
#   Output/preferences.
#
#   This file contains low level tuning for X-Plane's rendering engine; it
#   is set up by Laminar Research before X-Plane ships.  Please close this
#   file now!!
#
#
#
#
#
#   Still here?  You're a hacker?  The documentation that follows is for
#   the use of LR's internal dev team.  You're welcome to poke at this file
#   in the privacy of your own home, and if you find a tweak you like, you
#   can email LR.  But please:
#
#   - DO NOT make an add-on that requires this file to be modified.  The
#     format is completely unstable and subject to change without notice.
#   - DO NOT contact tech support or LR if you change this file and bad
#     things happen*.  If you tweak this, you're on your own.
#
#   * Bad things include: X-Plane crashing, X-Plane hanging, X-Plane failing
#     to start, rendering artifacts, your whole computer hanging, your
#     computer catching fire, and highly trained monkeys stealing all of
#     your underwear.
#
#   You have been warned.
#
#
################################################################################

#   This file maps X-Plane rendering settings (as seen by the user) to art
#   controls that actually affect the rendering engine.  The file contains:
#   - Basic UI info, e.g. the setting strings and tool tips.
#   - Tables that map particular setting choices to particular art controls.
#
#   Tables can key off 1 or 2 settings at the same time, and each setting can
#   trigger multiple datarefs.
#
#   Raw syntax
#
#   SETTING <type> <ui> <name> <max>
#
#   This defines a new setting.  Type is one of DRAW or EFFECT to describe
#   whether the setting is a 'thing' in the world or an effect applied to
#   drawing.  (X-Plane ignores this info right now.)  UI is one of CHECK,
#   POPUP or SLIDER and defines what UI the setting shows.  NAME identifies
#   the setting - this string must match the internal code in X-Plane's UI
#   and cannot be changed.  Max defines the maximum value - all settings
#   are zero based.
#
#   SETTING_NAME <human-readable name>
#
#   This is the human readable name for the setting as shown in the
#   rendering screen.  The goofy punctuation helps x-Plane layout the text.
#
#   SETTING_DESC <tooltip>
#
#   This is the tooltip the user sees if they mouse over the UI.
#
#   SETTING_DEFAULT <config> <value>
#
#   This defines the default for a given hardware configuration.  The
#   configs can be dx9_lim, dx9, dx10, dx11. 
#
#   SETTING_1 <setting> <value>  <dataref> <value> [<dataref <value> ... [<dataref> <value>] ]
#   
#   This defines a table that maps a particular value for a particular setting to a list of
#   art control-value pairs.  Each setting entry can control as many or as few art controls as
#   desired, and while it is a terrible idea to change an art control for SOME values of a
#   setting and not ALL of them, it isn't illegal.
#
#   SETTING_2 <setting1> <value1>  <setting2> <value2> <dataref> <value> [<dataref <value> ... [<dataref> <value>] ]
#   
#   Same idea as above, but these art controls get these values when BOTH settings have these values at the same
#   time. This lets you build a 2-d grid of settings, or specialize one setting based on another.
#
#   REQUIRE_RELOAD [level edge] [conditionals] [NO_DSF]
#
#   The scenery must be reloaded when this setting changes.  If level edge is provided, settings going from bleow
#   This level to at-or-above this level causes a reload.  If conditionals are present, objects that use these
#   conditionals are reloaded.
#
#   If the NO_DSF tag is present, only OBJS are reloaded.
#
#   REQUIRE_DX10 <value>
#
#   This value or higher for the setting is only allowed if the user has a DX10 or better video card.
#   This is used to disable HDR features on DX9 hardware.
#
#   REQUIRE_64 <value>
#
#   This value or higher for the setting is only allowed if the user is running the 64-bit version of X-Plane.
#   This is used to disable memory-intensive features on 32-bit builds.
#
#   REQUIRE_SETTING <other setting> <min> <max>
#
#   This setting is only available to the user when _another_ setting is is within the range min/max.
#   This is used to hide non-HDR-compatible features by requiring HDR be in the range 1..1.

#############################################################################################################################
# MISC RANDOM SETTINGS
#############################################################################################################################

SETTING DRAW_MISC CHECK renopt_view_ind 1
SETTING_NAME |draw view indicator
SETTING_DESC This nifty little guy is a little orange plane that shows up in the top of the screen when you hit the 'q' and 'e' keys in the cockpit to help orient you.
SETTING_DEFAULT all 1
SETTING_1 renopt_view_ind 0 reno/draw_view_ind 0
SETTING_1 renopt_view_ind 1 reno/draw_view_ind 1

SETTING DRAW_MISC CHECK renopt_gload 1
SETTING_NAME |dim under high G-load or hypoxia
SETTING_DESC This will dim the view as you pull high-G or experience hypoxia from not using the pressurization system (if equipped), simulating blackout.
SETTING_DEFAULT all 1
SETTING_1 renopt_gload 0 reno/draw_gload 0
SETTING_1 renopt_gload 1 reno/draw_gload 1

SETTING DRAW_MISC CHECK renopt_planet 1
SETTING_NAME |draw hi-res planet textures from orbit
SETTING_DESC This will draw excellent, hi-res textures of the Earth as seen from 100,000 feet and higher... really nice for sub-orbital and orbital rendering... but it takes an additional 36 meg of VRAM at max texture resolution, and some CPU as well!
SETTING_DEFAULT all 1
SETTING_DEFAULT dx9_lim 1
SETTING_1 renopt_planet 0 reno/draw_planet 0
SETTING_1 renopt_planet 1 reno/draw_planet 1

SETTING DRAW_MISC CHECK renopt_fire_ball 1
SETTING_NAME |draw forest fires and balloons
SETTING_DESC This will draw random forest fires, which you can put out by flying over them in the Bombardier Seaplane and dropping flame retardant on them. Hot air balloonists will also meander if the weather is nice.
SETTING_DEFAULT all 0
SETTING_1 renopt_fire_ball 0 reno/draw_fire_ball 0
SETTING_1 renopt_fire_ball 1 reno/draw_fire_ball 1

SETTING DRAW_MISC CHECK renopt_deer_birds 1
SETTING_NAME |draw birds and deer in nice weather
SETTING_DESC This will draw flocks of birds around the airports. Fly your plane through these flocks of birds, and nothing will happen to your plane at all. Try it. It is perfectly safe.
SETTING_1 renopt_deer_birds 0 reno/draw_deer_birds 0
SETTING_1 renopt_deer_birds 1 reno/draw_deer_birds 1
SETTING_DEFAULT all 1

SETTING DRAW_MISC CHECK renopt_boats 1
SETTING_NAME |draw aircraft carriers and frigates
SETTING_DESC This will draw boats and aircraft carriers.
SETTING_DEFAULT all 1
SETTING_1 renopt_boats 0 reno/draw_boats 0
SETTING_1 renopt_boats 1 reno/draw_boats 1

SETTING DRAW_MISC CHECK renopt_aurora 1
SETTING_NAME |draw Aurora Borealis
SETTING_DESC This will draw the Aurora Borealis at night in the Northerly direction, when you are in the far-North Latitudes (above 60 degrees North Latitude).
SETTING_1 renopt_aurora 0 reno/draw_aurora 0
SETTING_1 renopt_aurora 1 reno/draw_aurora 1
SETTING_DEFAULT all 0

SETTING EXPERT CHECK renopt_sloped_runways 1
SETTING_NAME |runways follow terrain contours
SETTING_DESC You should TOTALLY leave this ON! It is fun and costs NOTHING in speed. The only reason you would turn this off is to get X-Plane airports to be at the same elevation as MICROSOFT FLIGHT-SIM AIRPORTS, which do NOT follow the contour of the terrain as of this writing. This lets X-Plane aircraft and Microsoft aircraft be in the same place on Squawkbox or other multiplayer environments.
SETTING_DEFAULT all 1
SETTING_1 renopt_sloped_runways 0 reno/sloped_runways 0
SETTING_1 renopt_sloped_runways 1 reno/sloped_runways 1

SETTING EXPERT CHECK renopt_volume_fog 1
SETTING_NAME |draw volumetric fog
SETTING_1 renopt_volume_fog 0 reno/draw_volume_fog01 0
SETTING_1 renopt_volume_fog 1 reno/draw_volume_fog01 1
SETTING_DEFAULT dx9 1
SETTING_DEFAULT dx10 1
SETTING_DEFAULT dx11 1

SETTING EXPERT CHECK renopt_per_pix_liting 1
SETTING_NAME |draw per pixel lighting
SETTING_1 renopt_per_pix_liting 0 reno/draw_per_pix_liting 0 shaders/faded_lod 0
SETTING_1 renopt_per_pix_liting 1 reno/draw_per_pix_liting 1 shaders/faded_lod 1
SETTING_DEFAULT dx9 1
SETTING_DEFAULT dx10 1
SETTING_DEFAULT dx11 1

SETTING EXPERT CHECK renopt_scattering 1
SETTING_NAME |atmospheric scattering
REQUIRE_DX10
SETTING_1 renopt_scattering 0 reno/draw_scattering 0
SETTING_1 renopt_scattering 1 reno/draw_scattering 1
SETTING_DEFAULT all 1

# 3-D STUFF - A BIG SETTING

SETTING DRAW POPUP renopt_draw_3d_04 4
SETTING_MENU minimal-low-medium-high-very high
SETTING_NAME |3-d drawing detail
SETTING_DESC This will draw buildings, signs, and things like that all over.
REQUIRE_RELOAD
SETTING_DEFAULT dx9 1
SETTING_DEFAULT dx10 2
SETTING_DEFAULT dx11 3

# Set OBJ density
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 0 reno/draw_objs_06 0
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 1 reno/draw_objs_06 1
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 2 reno/draw_objs_06 2
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 3 reno/draw_objs_06 4
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 4 reno/draw_objs_06 6

# Set Forest density
#                  These 3 settings control the fill levels of the main forests.               These settings control the presence of annotated trees - use 0.0 or 1.0            These bring in the back-fill trees in autogen - again use 0.0 or 1.0.
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 0 reno/draw_for_05 0   forest/inn_ring_density 0.0      forest/mid_ring_density 0.0      forest/out_ring_density   0.0   ag/ann_shrub_density 0.0   ag/ann_tree_density1 0.0   ag/ann_tree_density2 0.0   ag/fill_shrub_density 0.0   ag/fill_tree_density1 0.0   ag/fill_tree_density2 0.0
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 1 reno/draw_for_05 1   forest/inn_ring_density 0.0      forest/mid_ring_density 0.0      forest/out_ring_density   0.5   ag/ann_shrub_density 0.0   ag/ann_tree_density1 0.0   ag/ann_tree_density2 1.0   ag/fill_shrub_density 0.0   ag/fill_tree_density1 0.0   ag/fill_tree_density2 0.0
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 2 reno/draw_for_05 2   forest/inn_ring_density 0.0      forest/mid_ring_density 0.25   forest/out_ring_density   1.0   ag/ann_shrub_density 0.0   ag/ann_tree_density1 1.0   ag/ann_tree_density2 1.0   ag/fill_shrub_density 0.0   ag/fill_tree_density1 0.0   ag/fill_tree_density2 0.0
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 3 reno/draw_for_05 3   forest/inn_ring_density 0.25   forest/mid_ring_density 0.5      forest/out_ring_density   1.0   ag/ann_shrub_density 1.0   ag/ann_tree_density1 1.0   ag/ann_tree_density2 1.0   ag/fill_shrub_density 0.0   ag/fill_tree_density1 0.0   ag/fill_tree_density2 1.0
#SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 4 reno/draw_for_05 4   forest/inn_ring_density 0.5      forest/mid_ring_density 1.0      forest/out_ring_density   1.0   ag/ann_shrub_density 1.0   ag/ann_tree_density1 1.0   ag/ann_tree_density2 1.0   ag/fill_shrub_density 0.0   ag/fill_tree_density1 1.0   ag/fill_tree_density2 1.0
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 4 reno/draw_for_05 5   forest/inn_ring_density 1.0      forest/mid_ring_density   1.0      forest/out_ring_density   1.0   ag/ann_shrub_density 1.0   ag/ann_tree_density1 1.0   ag/ann_tree_density2 1.0   ag/fill_shrub_density 1.0   ag/fill_tree_density1 1.0   ag/fill_tree_density2 1.0

#Set Road Density
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 0 reno/draw_vecs_03 0
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 1 reno/draw_vecs_03 3
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 2 reno/draw_vecs_03 3
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 3 reno/draw_vecs_03 3
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 4 reno/draw_vecs_03 3

#Set Car Density
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 0 reno/draw_cars_05 0
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 1 reno/draw_cars_05 0
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 2 reno/draw_cars_05 1
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 3 reno/draw_cars_05 1
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 4 reno/draw_cars_05 2

#Set World LOD
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 0   reno/LOD_bias_rat 5         forest/inn_ring_lod 3600   forest/mid_ring_lod 2700   forest/out_ring_lod 3600   ag/ann_shrub_lod 2000   ag/ann_tree_lod1  3600   ag/ann_tree_lod2 3600   ag/fill_shrub_lod 2000   ag/fill_tree_lod1  3600   ag/fill_tree_lod2 3600   terrain/fade_start_rat 0.75   ag/tile_lod_bias 0.72   terrain/composite_far_dist_bias 0.72
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 1   reno/LOD_bias_rat 3.375      forest/inn_ring_lod 4000   forest/mid_ring_lod 3800   forest/out_ring_lod 5400   ag/ann_shrub_lod 2000   ag/ann_tree_lod1  4000   ag/ann_tree_lod2 5400   ag/fill_shrub_lod 2000   ag/fill_tree_lod1  4000   ag/fill_tree_lod2 5400   terrain/fade_start_rat 0.65   ag/tile_lod_bias 0.72   terrain/composite_far_dist_bias 0.72
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 2   reno/LOD_bias_rat 2.25      forest/inn_ring_lod 5000   forest/mid_ring_lod 5700   forest/out_ring_lod 8000   ag/ann_shrub_lod 2500   ag/ann_tree_lod1  5000   ag/ann_tree_lod2 8000   ag/fill_shrub_lod 2500   ag/fill_tree_lod1  5000   ag/fill_tree_lod2 8000   terrain/fade_start_rat 0.65   ag/tile_lod_bias 0.72   terrain/composite_far_dist_bias 0.72
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 3   reno/LOD_bias_rat 1.5      forest/inn_ring_lod 6600   forest/mid_ring_lod 8600   forest/out_ring_lod 12000   ag/ann_shrub_lod 3300   ag/ann_tree_lod1  6600   ag/ann_tree_lod2 12000   ag/fill_shrub_lod 3300   ag/fill_tree_lod1  6600   ag/fill_tree_lod2 12000   terrain/fade_start_rat 0.6   ag/tile_lod_bias 0.83   terrain/composite_far_dist_bias 0.83
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 4   reno/LOD_bias_rat 1         forest/inn_ring_lod 10000   forest/mid_ring_lod 13000   forest/out_ring_lod 18000   ag/ann_shrub_lod 5000   ag/ann_tree_lod1 10000   ag/ann_tree_lod2 18000   ag/fill_shrub_lod 5000   ag/fill_tree_lod1 10000   ag/fill_tree_lod2 18000   terrain/fade_start_rat 0.6   ag/tile_lod_bias 1.00   terrain/composite_far_dist_bias 1.00

#Set apt rendering detail
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 0 reno/draw_detail_apt_03 1
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 1 reno/draw_detail_apt_03 1
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 2 reno/draw_detail_apt_03 1
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 3 reno/draw_detail_apt_03 2

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SETTING DRAW CHECK renopt_static_acf 1
SETTING_NAME |draw parked aircraft at airports
SETTING_DESC This setting enables parked aircraft at airports
SETTING_1 renopt_static_acf 0 park/static_plane_density 0
SETTING_2 renopt_static_acf 1 renopt_draw_3d_04 0 park/static_plane_density 1
SETTING_2 renopt_static_acf 1 renopt_draw_3d_04 1 park/static_plane_density 1
SETTING_2 renopt_static_acf 1 renopt_draw_3d_04 2 park/static_plane_density 2
SETTING_2 renopt_static_acf 1 renopt_draw_3d_04 3 park/static_plane_density 3
SETTING_2 renopt_static_acf 1 renopt_draw_3d_04 4 park/static_plane_density 4
SETTING_DEFAULT all 0
SETTING_DEFAULT dx11 1

REQUIRE_RELOAD

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SETTING EFFECTS POPUP renopt_wat_05 5
SETTING_MENU none-low-medium-default-advanced-complete
SETTING_NAME |water reflection detail
SETTING_1 renopt_wat_05 0 reno/draw_reflect_water05 0 render/cube_prep_mode 0
SETTING_1 renopt_wat_05 1 reno/draw_reflect_water05 1 render/cube_prep_mode 2
SETTING_1 renopt_wat_05 2 reno/draw_reflect_water05 2 render/cube_prep_mode 2
SETTING_1 renopt_wat_05 3 reno/draw_reflect_water05 3 render/cube_prep_mode 2
SETTING_1 renopt_wat_05 4 reno/draw_reflect_water05 4 render/cube_prep_mode 2
SETTING_1 renopt_wat_05 5 reno/draw_reflect_water05 5 render/cube_prep_mode 2
SETTING_DEFAULT all 0

# VISUAL EFFECTS AND GPU LIKE THINGS

SETTING TEXTURES CHECK renopt_comp_texes 1
SETTING_NAME compress textures to save VRAM
SETTING_DESC You should TOTALLY leave this ON! This will let you run quite a bit faster at high texture resolutions and near very detailed custom scenery!
SETTING_DEFAULT all 1
SETTING_1 renopt_comp_texes 0 reno/comp_texes 0
SETTING_1 renopt_comp_texes 1 reno/comp_texes 1

SETTING EFFECTS POPUP renopt_effects_04 4
SETTING_NAME |Effects
SETTING_MENU minimal-low-medium-high-very high
REQUIRE_DX10 1
REQUIRE_RELOAD 3 GLOBAL_LIGHTING
SETTING_DEFAULT all 2
SETTING_DEFAULT dx11 3
SETTING_1 renopt_effects_04 0 reno/draw_HDR 0
SETTING_1 renopt_effects_04 1 reno/draw_HDR 0
SETTING_1 renopt_effects_04 2 reno/draw_HDR 0
SETTING_1 renopt_effects_04 3 reno/draw_HDR 1
SETTING_1 renopt_effects_04 4 reno/draw_HDR 1

SETTING_1 renopt_effects_04 0 reno/use_bump_maps 0
SETTING_1 renopt_effects_04 1 reno/use_bump_maps 1
SETTING_1 renopt_effects_04 2 reno/use_bump_maps 1
SETTING_1 renopt_effects_04 3 reno/use_bump_maps 1
SETTING_1 renopt_effects_04 4 reno/use_bump_maps 1

SETTING_1 renopt_effects_04 0 reno/use_detail_textures 0
SETTING_1 renopt_effects_04 1 reno/use_detail_textures 1
SETTING_1 renopt_effects_04 2 reno/use_detail_textures 1
SETTING_1 renopt_effects_04 3 reno/use_detail_textures 1
SETTING_1 renopt_effects_04 4 reno/use_detail_textures 1

SETTING_1 renopt_effects_04 0 ssao/enable 0 ssao/scale 2
SETTING_1 renopt_effects_04 1 ssao/enable 0 ssao/scale 2
SETTING_1 renopt_effects_04 2 ssao/enable 0 ssao/scale 2
SETTING_1 renopt_effects_04 3 ssao/enable 0 ssao/scale 2
SETTING_1 renopt_effects_04 4 ssao/enable 1 ssao/scale 2

SETTING EFFECTS POPUP renopt_HDR_antial 6
SETTING_NAME |HDR anti-aliasing
SETTING_DESC This setting removes jagged lines in HDR mode.  Note that regular FSAA does not affect HDR rendering, so use this setting instead of FSAA.
SETTING_MENU None (fastest)-FXAA-2x SSAA+FXAA-4x SSAA-4x SSAA+FXAA-8x SSAA+FXAA (highest quality)
REQUIRE_DX10 1
REQUIRE_SETTING renopt_effects_04 3 4
SETTING_1 renopt_HDR_antial 0 hdr/fsaa_ratio_x 1 hdr/fsaa_ratio_y 1 hdr/use_post_aa 0
SETTING_1 renopt_HDR_antial 1 hdr/fsaa_ratio_x 1 hdr/fsaa_ratio_y 1 hdr/use_post_aa 2
SETTING_1 renopt_HDR_antial 2 hdr/fsaa_ratio_x 1 hdr/fsaa_ratio_y 2 hdr/use_post_aa 2
SETTING_1 renopt_HDR_antial 3 hdr/fsaa_ratio_x 2 hdr/fsaa_ratio_y 2 hdr/use_post_aa 0
SETTING_1 renopt_HDR_antial 4 hdr/fsaa_ratio_x 2 hdr/fsaa_ratio_y 2 hdr/use_post_aa 2
SETTING_1 renopt_HDR_antial 5 hdr/fsaa_ratio_x 2 hdr/fsaa_ratio_y 4 hdr/use_post_aa 2
SETTING_DEFAULT all 0

SETTING EFFECTS POPUP renopt_scenery_shadows 1
SETTING_NAME |3-d shadows
REQUIRE_DX10 1
SETTING_DEFAULT dx9_lim 0
SETTING_DEFAULT dx9 0
SETTING_DEFAULT dx10 0
SETTING_DEFAULT dx11 0
REQUIRE_RELOAD 1 SCENERY_SHADOWS
SETTING_2 renopt_scenery_shadows 0 renopt_effects_04 0   shadow/csm_split_exterior 1   shadow/csm_split_interior 3   shadow/last_3d_pass 0      caps/dynamic_shadow   0   shadow/csm/far_limit   500      fbo/shadow_cam_size   2048   shadow/scenery_shadows   0   shadow/total_fade_ratio 0.999
SETTING_2 renopt_scenery_shadows 0 renopt_effects_04 1   shadow/csm_split_exterior 1   shadow/csm_split_interior 3   shadow/last_3d_pass 0      caps/dynamic_shadow   0   shadow/csm/far_limit   500      fbo/shadow_cam_size   2048   shadow/scenery_shadows   0   shadow/total_fade_ratio 0.999
SETTING_2 renopt_scenery_shadows 0 renopt_effects_04 2   shadow/csm_split_exterior 2   shadow/csm_split_interior 3   shadow/last_3d_pass 0      caps/dynamic_shadow   0   shadow/csm/far_limit   500      fbo/shadow_cam_size   2048   shadow/scenery_shadows   0   shadow/total_fade_ratio 0.999
SETTING_2 renopt_scenery_shadows 0 renopt_effects_04 3   shadow/csm_split_exterior 1   shadow/csm_split_interior 3   shadow/last_3d_pass 0      caps/dynamic_shadow   0   shadow/csm/far_limit   500      fbo/shadow_cam_size   2048   shadow/scenery_shadows   0   shadow/total_fade_ratio   0.999
SETTING_2 renopt_scenery_shadows 0 renopt_effects_04 4   shadow/csm_split_exterior 2   shadow/csm_split_interior 3   shadow/last_3d_pass 0      caps/dynamic_shadow   0   shadow/csm/far_limit   500      fbo/shadow_cam_size   2048   shadow/scenery_shadows   0   shadow/total_fade_ratio   0.999

SETTING_2 renopt_scenery_shadows 1 renopt_effects_04 0   shadow/csm_split_exterior 2   shadow/csm_split_interior 3   shadow/last_3d_pass 2      caps/dynamic_shadow   0   shadow/csm/far_limit   750      fbo/shadow_cam_size   2048   shadow/scenery_shadows   1   shadow/total_fade_ratio   0.7
SETTING_2 renopt_scenery_shadows 1 renopt_effects_04 1   shadow/csm_split_exterior 2   shadow/csm_split_interior 3   shadow/last_3d_pass 2      caps/dynamic_shadow   0   shadow/csm/far_limit   750      fbo/shadow_cam_size   2048   shadow/scenery_shadows   1   shadow/total_fade_ratio   0.7
SETTING_2 renopt_scenery_shadows 1 renopt_effects_04 2   shadow/csm_split_exterior 2   shadow/csm_split_interior 3   shadow/last_3d_pass 2      caps/dynamic_shadow   0   shadow/csm/far_limit   1500      fbo/shadow_cam_size   4096   shadow/scenery_shadows   1   shadow/total_fade_ratio   0.7
SETTING_2 renopt_scenery_shadows 1 renopt_effects_04 3   shadow/csm_split_exterior 2   shadow/csm_split_interior 3   shadow/last_3d_pass 2      caps/dynamic_shadow   0   shadow/csm/far_limit   1500      fbo/shadow_cam_size   4096   shadow/scenery_shadows   1   shadow/total_fade_ratio   0.7
SETTING_2 renopt_scenery_shadows 1 renopt_effects_04 4   shadow/csm_split_exterior 2   shadow/csm_split_interior 3   shadow/last_3d_pass 2      caps/dynamic_shadow   0   shadow/csm/far_limit   1500      fbo/shadow_cam_size   4096   shadow/scenery_shadows   1   shadow/total_fade_ratio   0.7

# TIMEDEMOS
#
# These drive the fps tests - settings not here will default based on GPU bucket.
# The fps test goals:
# 1 = low, 2 = medium, 3 = very high stress test
# 4 = heavy on CPU light on GPU, 5 = heavy on GPU light on CPU
TIMEDEMO 1
DEMO_SETTING renopt_scenery_shadows 0
DEMO_SETTING renopt_effects_04 0
DEMO_SETTING renopt_draw_3d_04 0
DEMO_SETTING renopt_HDR_antial 0
DEMO_SETTING renopt_wat_05 0

TIMEDEMO 2
DEMO_SETTING renopt_effects_04 1
DEMO_SETTING renopt_draw_3d_04 1
DEMO_SETTING renopt_HDR_antial 0

TIMEDEMO 3
DEMO_SETTING renopt_effects_04 2
DEMO_SETTING renopt_draw_3d_04 2
DEMO_SETTING renopt_HDR_antial 1

TIMEDEMO 4
DEMO_SETTING renopt_scenery_shadows 1
DEMO_SETTING renopt_effects_04 3
DEMO_SETTING renopt_draw_3d_04 3
DEMO_SETTING renopt_wat_05 1

TIMEDEMO 5
DEMO_SETTING renopt_scenery_shadows 1
DEMO_SETTING renopt_effects_04 4
DEMO_SETTING renopt_draw_3d_04 4
DEMO_SETTING renopt_wat_05 1

# PRESETS
# These drive the five preset buttons in the rendering settings.
PRESET 0
PRESET_SETTING renopt_view_ind 0
PRESET_SETTING renopt_gload 0
PRESET_SETTING renopt_planet 0
PRESET_SETTING renopt_fire_ball 0
PRESET_SETTING renopt_deer_birds 0
PRESET_SETTING renopt_boats 0
PRESET_SETTING renopt_aurora 0
PRESET_SETTING renopt_draw_3d_04 0
PRESET_SETTING renopt_wat_05 0
PRESET_SETTING renopt_comp_texes 1
PRESET_SETTING renopt_sloped_runways 1
PRESET_SETTING renopt_volume_fog 1
PRESET_SETTING renopt_per_pix_liting 0
PRESET_SETTING renopt_effects_04 0
PRESET_SETTING renopt_scenery_shadows 0
PRESET_SETTING renopt_scattering 0
PRESET_SETTING renopt_HDR_antial 0
PRESET_SETTING renopt_static_acf 0

PRESET 1
PRESET_SETTING renopt_gload 1
PRESET_SETTING renopt_planet 1
PRESET_SETTING renopt_fire_ball 1
PRESET_SETTING renopt_deer_birds 1
PRESET_SETTING renopt_boats 1
PRESET_SETTING renopt_draw_3d_04 1
PRESET_SETTING renopt_wat_05 1
PRESET_SETTING renopt_per_pix_liting 1
PRESET_SETTING renopt_effects_04 1
PRESET_SETTING renopt_scenery_shadows 0
PRESET_SETTING renopt_static_acf 0

PRESET 2
PRESET_SETTING renopt_draw_3d_04 2
PRESET_SETTING renopt_wat_05 2
PRESET_SETTING renopt_effects_04 2
PRESET_SETTING renopt_scenery_shadows 1
PRESET_SETTING renopt_static_acf 1

PRESET 3
PRESET_SETTING renopt_draw_3d_04 3
PRESET_SETTING renopt_wat_05 3
PRESET_SETTING renopt_effects_04 3
PRESET_SETTING renopt_scattering 1
PRESET_SETTING renopt_HDR_antial 1

PRESET 4
PRESET_SETTING renopt_draw_3d_04 4
PRESET_SETTING renopt_wat_05 3
PRESET_SETTING renopt_effects_04 4
PRESET_SETTING renopt_scattering 1
PRESET_SETTING renopt_effects_04 4

i7 4790K | 16GB DDR3 2400mhz | Asus gtx1070 8GB | Rift CV1 w/ Touch | Win10 x64 on SSD | XP10/11 on SSD
Jzig

Postby theskyisthelimit99 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:07 pm

Jzig wrote:I've found that 3840 is pretty much necessary for me so I've been tweaking everything around assuming I have to keep that resolution. I haven't really been able to find what is really effecting my FPS, without the old XP10 settings it's hard to know.
I did find in the X-Plane 11\Resources folder a settings.txt that looks like it has more granular control, I just haven't been able to wrap my head around how it works.

Did you get similar fps results that i did.. basically right above ksea about 26 fps with shadows turned off and AA in sim set to 4SAA? Curious.. (ultimately i had to turn it down to 2SAA + FXAA to keep the ATW high enough to not hurl for now until 5-9 fps can be squeezed out of somewhere else, oh and shadows still off)

I was looking into dataref mods to see if things could be tweaked a bit further, or further to allow shadows but only cloud shadows.. didnt get too far yet.

Those other settings you found could prove useful, but i'm more familiar with P3D, so unsure, hopefully someone else can chime in..
Flight-Stew | Tech-Stew
theskyisthelimit99

Postby Astro » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:11 am

I am seeing very simillar results with a I/6700K at 4.4 and a GTX980TI, I thought of rushing to get a 1080, but reading your report it seems it wont make much difference.
I too think that the 3840 resolution is essential, with 4SAA it looks very good but the frames are unaccepable in the low 20´s.
I tried 4xSGSAA in NI with a negative LOD Bias of -1.25, and FXAA set in XP11, and found that to be ok, the fps were between 40-50/90 then.
Hopefully it was not just a placebo, I will check back this evening.
This was with HDR on.
Anyway I think XP11 has a much higher immersion factor than P3D, I switched between the two sims a couple of times last evening, and yes P3D has more clarity, but it is a bit bland compared to XP.
Probably it all comes down to having more GPU power, I don´t know if there will be any other magic trick.
One other thing I noticed is that the readability of the gauges is just as good in XP, the shimmering is more distracting on scenery objects.
Despite all of that FI is exciting, and there is no point in going back to a monitor.
Wolfgang
I7 6700K 4.2 GHZ-16GB RAM-Titan X Pascal-Win 10-CV1
Astro

Postby chris » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:37 am

i wonder could some one post their nvidia inpector profile please??
win 10 pro
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 32gb RAM
Available OS Memory: 32gb RAM
Name ASUS GTX 1080 ti Xplane 11 05r2 11.30b7
orion LM very latest
Oculus CV!
oddyssy+ hmd
1000 watt psu
chris

PreviousNext

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019