Resolution monitor vs Rift

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Resolution monitor vs Rift

Postby ssites » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:21 pm

XP 11 is just spectacular on a 3 monitor setup. Once in the Rift, it's just hard to use. I know in other games etc the resolution in the Rift is really good. Why can't (or will we) get a decent quality in FI VR? Don't get me wrong, it's great and I love it, but dusk/dawn or night flying is almost unusable.

Can we look forward to higher resolutions in the coming months?
ssites

Re: Resolution monitor vs Rift

Postby admin » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:04 pm

You can actually adjust resolution from "FlyInside Menu -> Settings", and using the 3840 resolution makes a big improvement. Have you tried this?

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby vitabutch » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:19 pm

ssites wrote:Once in the Rift, it's just hard to use.

Is is so? I have no trouble with resolution in FlyInside with my CV1 for example. Resolution is the same on the helmet, but you can get slight better clarity using supersampling feature of FlyInside with resolution options. PC will render the scene in higher resolution and than scale it down to the actual VR helmet display. This is called pixel density in DCS, for example. Can you please list any title you experience better resolution than in FlyInside so we understand what kind of problems do you refer to?
vitabutch

Postby Ayousry » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:55 pm

Sorry to jump in with no solution ,
But am waiting for a cv1 in few days , and biggest concern is the resolution in xplane11
Too,
Can i do a safe flight with the ixeg737?!
Can i read the insturments during landing and takeoff at least without zooming in?!

Thanks
Ayousry

Postby ssites » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:21 pm

Other titles are the basic ones that you can get from the Oculus store. I am running as follows in X-Plane. If I go any higher it stutters and is unusable. I just find the night lighting to be so unrefined (if that makes sense). The lights when on approach are so blurry and big.

Computer
All NVidia settings disabled in the control panel
GeForce 1060
i7
16gb ram

FI Menu
3840 Res
8x Anti Aliasing
FSAA

X-Plane
HDR Compressed
4x SS
ssites

Postby ssites » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:23 pm

Ayousry wrote:Sorry to jump in with no solution ,
But am waiting for a cv1 in few days , and biggest concern is the resolution in xplane11
Too,
Can i do a safe flight with the ixeg737?!
Can i read the insturments during landing and takeoff at least without zooming in?!

Thanks

It depends. At the seated position they are generally blurry to me. I can lean in and read them that way. Don't get me wrong it is still a fantastic experience, just not quite "there" yet imho
ssites

Postby Ayousry » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:14 pm

Well thats not so good news :roll:

But thanks for clarifing
Ayousry

Postby mig » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:27 am

i am not a owner of ixeg 737
but something i discover recently for reading the gauges in xplane because p3d has no effect (correction is accepted!!)
i think xplane pilots they have also to make the eye adjustment compare it with the cockpit balls (yes the three ball on windshield one red two white)
try to adjust them with the arrows keys and with the zoom joystick buttons (not the mouse scroll wheel)

brgds
mig

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019