Panel and runway is displayed sepreatley in each lens for vi

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Panel and runway is displayed sepreatley in each lens for vi

Postby babu » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:50 am

Hello,

I have fly inside version 1.71 installed for prepar3d version 3.4, I'm seeing a runway view in one lens And a panel view in the second lens of HTC-Vive HMD on startups and on my main monitor I see only runway view displayed , how to display panel view for both eyes in HMD and on on my main monitor.

Thanking you,

Best regards,
Aftab
babu

Re: Panel and runway is displayed sepreatley in each lens fo

Postby admin » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:26 pm

Hello Aftab,

Sounds like a weird configuration glitch. Clearing out (be sure to back them up first) your Prepar3D.cfg and Prepar3D_FlyInside.cfg files in C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D should fix the issue.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby babu » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:32 pm

Hello Dan,

I deleted the two files, prepar3d.cfg and prepar3d_flyinside .cfg, but no difference in the views, same as before.

I then uninstalled flyinside prepar3d, and uninstalled Nvidia drivers for my GTX 1080 graphic cards, and reinstalled both Nvidia graphic drivers and flyinside prepar3d.

With the reinstallation of both programs, I was able to restore the views back to normal.

This also happened with my Occulus Rift hardware as well, and these same two steps got the normal view restored.

Thanking You,

Best Regards,

Aftab.
babu

Postby admin » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:35 pm

Hello Aftab,

Glad you got it working :) Are you saying that before reinstalling, the views were wrong even in other Oculus programs?

Thanks,
Dan
admin
Site Admin

Postby babu » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:13 pm

Hello Dan,

Affirmative, both Occlus rift and HTC-VIVE, had this one eye flicker issues, until I reinstalled the program, and Nvidia drivers, that resolved it. This issue came later, before, flyinside p3d was working ok when installed for the first time,
after some restart and play cycles one eye flickering issue developed.

After fixing this issue, I have come upon a condition where I load a aircraft in the simwing LFMN scenery , where after 4 minutes of sitting both eye lenses flicker continually, and it keep flickering even if I close prepar3d and exit the process , the flickering continues in steam VR as well, until I reboot the computer , then I am back to normal use no flickers, but as soon as I repeat the cycle, flicker begin to start with 4 minutes of flyinside start.

Let me know if this can be fixed.

Thanking you,
Best regards,

AFTAB.
babu

Postby babu » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:34 am

Hello Dan,

Flickering was caused due to video card overheating, I increased the fan control on my video card to higher settings, since then there is no more flickering with the any scenario .

Thanking you,
Best Regards,
Aftab.
babu

Postby admin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:04 pm

Glad to hear it's figured out :)
admin
Site Admin

Return to HTC Vive