black screen

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

black screen

Postby stewart » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:40 am

hi for some reasion i now have all black in the game eg the shy is black there is no buildings and the land around me is black only the runway is there the plane is missing as well also i have noticed the plane selection windows is also black. i have all the latest ver of p3d , asn16. I have del my p3d config and the flyinside cfg. i have tried a reinstall of flyinside but still no luck. It only happens on flyinside id i load the game without it it works fine????. I did update my gtx1080 drives the other day not shore it will be that tho as its working fine with out flyinside.
stewart

Re: black screen

Postby stewart » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:11 am

more testing shows that its only when i have the vive turned on eg if i unplug the vive and fun flyinside it will run fine. i have turned of opt in for steam beta and still not working. im lost :(
stewart

Postby stewart » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:41 am

Ok i have found what it is first of all the only thing i have updated is the gtx1080 drivers to the latest and i downgraded to flyinside 1.7 and now its working so its something to do with the video drivers. it was working with 1.71 before i updated the video drivers. something weird going on there :)
stewart

Postby Stevil » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi,

glad that you solved the problem :)
There's a similar bug in the x-plane thread but I cannot imagine that these both are linked. You still had the runway shown?

Best regards
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby stewart » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:42 pm

Yea was weird had a runway and white clouds and black sky (not night time) no buildings and background was black as well no plane. downgraded to the ver before the latest one and working. so went back to latest and was a NO GO so went back a ver and all good weird aye its flyinside or the new gtx1080 drivers because with the latest drivers and the latest ver of flyinside it works fine when not running flyinside.
stewart

Postby teiva » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:43 am

Stevil wrote:Hi,

glad that you solved the problem :)
There's a similar bug in the x-plane thread but I cannot imagine that these both are linked. You still had the runway shown?

Best regards
Stephan

Unfortunately the problems not really solved as you can't run Flyinside 1.71 with the latest drivers from either NVidia or AMD.
teiva

Return to HTC Vive