SteamVR Update Error - ALL VIVE USERS

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

SteamVR Update Error - ALL VIVE USERS

Postby admin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi All,

Earlier today Valve pushed a SteamVR update which FlyInside is not compatible with. If you run Vive, and FlyInside worked for you previously, but now crashes while starting/loading, this is why.

We're already in touch with the SteamVR team about this, and are working together to get some sort of fix in place as quickly as possible! I expect that either SteamVR will release a fix, or FlyInside will release a patch, within the next 48 hours. In the mean-time I really apologize for the down-time and inconvenience, please be patient :oops:

If you would like to continue flying in the mean-time, you can do the following:
1. Go to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\FlyInside
2. Edit settings_pro_FlyInside FSX_settings.ini, settings_pro_FlyInside P3D_settings.ini, or settings_pro_FlyInside XP_settings.ini, based upon your simulator of choice.
3. In the [Graphics] section, add (or if you already have an OverdrawVive line, edit) the following line:
OverdrawVive = 1.3

Unfortunately this will increase the bluriness of the simulation, but it will let you fly while we solve this glitch. Depending upon your IPD you may be able to go slightly lower (say 1.25 or 1.22) for better clarity, while some of you may be forced to use 1.35.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: SteamVR Update Error - ALL VIVE USERS

Postby admin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:49 pm

So Valve pushed out a hot-fix super fast :D Could those of you encountering the problem upgrade to SteamVR Beta, and confirm whether this resolves the issue for you?

EDIT: - Not just SteamVR Beta, all SteamVR users should get this fix as soon as they let SteamVR update.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby LandoT » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:46 am

Dan, I did notice the hot fix update. I seemed to continue having the problem until I set the overdraw setting back to 1 and enabled steam vr beta. Everything is working as it should now.
i7 7700k OC @ 4.8ghz
Nvidia Titan Xp OC
32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz DDR4
512gb SSD
16tb HDD
MSI Z170A M5
Win 10 x64
P3D v3.4, v4, and XP11
Vive
LandoT

Postby george » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:45 am