Black screen bug FIXED !!!

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

If you get a black screen are you using Ortho4XP.

Yes I use Ortho4xp and get Black screens around my built up area.
39%
No I don't use Ortho4xp but get black screens still.
10%
I have addon airports and no Ortho4xp but get blackscreens around them.
No votes
I have stock X-Plane and still get black screens.
10%
I get black screens with my addon aircraft.
26%
I get no black screens.
16%

Total votes : 31

Black screen bug FIXED !!!

Postby Tony » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:15 pm

Fix is out. I'd like to thank you all personally from Dan and myself for your patience.

Hopefully no more black screen bugs !!!!
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: Black screen poll (NEW)

Postby Tony » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:45 am

Who gets the black screen at stock? Can you post your details below ?
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Greyman » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:39 pm

i've just had a thought. not something that i try to do too often, but it just occurred to me that could this be linked to the use of the zoom function, which i tend to activate via the mouse wheel?

As the position of that scroll wheel is effectively a factor in the view that you see and possibly as it doesn't always have the same effect, depending upon where you are looking, could it be that the mouse driver is somehow sending a spurious signal or that the mouse and view get out of sync? It would be easy enough to test, albeit a bit of a pain, as my eyes are crap at reading the displays, by removing the mappings and disabling the zoom function and seeing if the BS stops. The problem is, and i can't believe i have just said that, but this evening, i have been flying for well over an hour and a half and still haven't had one BS.

Maybe i need to try a different plane. This Eclipse 550NG is simply just too good. :)
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Postby Tony » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:44 pm

If it did have something to do with the mouse zoom I don't think disabling AA for some would fix the black screen. But defo, something to look into. I do some of my best thinking on the toilet, too much info ? :)
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Greyman » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:12 pm

Changing the AA settings might reset the views and if something has caused the FI view to become wrong you would expect that to reverse the problem.

it probably isn't the mouse, but like i had said in my other post, if we can understand what changing AA actually does, that might help to understand what it might undo and understanding that might give a clue as to how it got done in the first place.

and no, i'm not typing whilst on the toilet, but there is still potential for some s**t to emerge. ;)
Oculus Rift/Touch
Greyman

Postby Tony » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:13 pm

Thanks mate !!! Just choked on a jelly bean reading that !!!!
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Greyman » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:26 pm

:)

I'm on a roll today. what about virus protection? i have just read a post on the XP11 forum about the performance impact of McAfee, which is what i have, and along with the likes of Norton and Kaspersky, it is considered to be a significant draw on performance.

Maybe i will try running XP11 without McAfee loaded and see what occurs. It sounds like it will be a lot faster even if it isn't the cause of the BS.
Oculus Rift/Touch
Greyman

Postby gcbraun » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:57 pm

I do not have any Antiviruses or Firewall active and I also got the Black-Screen, even without Ortho4XP.
Intel 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - GTX 1080 Ti 11gb - 32Gb RAM - 2tb SSD
Windows 10 - Oculus Rift CV1 (Flyinside)
Prepar3D v3.4 / X-Plane 11
gcbraun

Postby Tony » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:30 pm

And stock aircraft being used mate ?
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby pilot53 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:03 pm

I think the root of figuring out this problem should be to dig deeper into what is so different about running hdr vs non hdr, and what interaction AA has with FI. Honestly I dont think this poll, like the last poll will tell you much besides the fact that most people who bother with FI, VR, and xplane have the best gpu's out there, and run lots of addons. The connection is between HDR, FI, and AA, that is what we know, what parameters does AA effect when it is switched between on and off, and what is different about running with HDR on? FI was incompatible with HDR for quite some time, what did you have to change to make HDR work?

Also I want to add, last week before I gave up on FI for the time being I was flying with the IXEG 737 at cruise altitude. On average it takes an hour or two for me to black screen, but due to a problem I had to close xplane and restart the flight. So I saved the flight restarted it. This time I black screened after 10 minutes, reset with AA settings, then black screened again after 10 more minutes, but this time resetting AA crashed FI. Maybe this can help you reproduce the crash quicker. I also don't run antivirus, its not even installed on my pc.
pilot53

Next

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019