[Solved]X-Plane 11 Won't Start With FIXP Pro

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: X-Plane 11 Won't Start With FIXP Pro

Postby HammerT1me » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:47 pm

Hi Tony,

I downloaded and installed the runtime file that you suggested. No luck. After installing FlyInside, X-Plane still fails to start.

Boy, this is really frustrating. I'm at a total loss as to what it is about my computer's configuration that is preventing FlyInside and X-Plane from
working together. My system configuration isn't unusual. Standard stuff. I use Windows 10; Non-beta Oculus drivers; No addons in X-Plane. It's really
a surprise.

I think I'll completely uninstall X-Plane and do a reinstall. Although X-Plane appears to run fine without FlyInside installed, maybe there is a corrupted file
in the current installation. I'll keep you posted.

Regardless of whether we get this to work, I want to thank both you and Stephan for taking your time to help me out. You guys have been great. Thank you
so much.

Sincerely,

Tony Elias
CPU: Intel i7 3770K; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, on latest driver; RAM: 16gb, DDR3; Mobo: Sabertooth Z77; Hard Drive: 500 GB, SSD; OS: Win 10, x64; Simulators: P3D, v3.4; X-Plane, v11.02r2 (build 110202 64-bit);
Oculus Rift
HammerT1me

Postby Stevil » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:29 pm

HammerT1me wrote:Hi Tony,

I downloaded and installed the runtime file that you suggested. No luck. After installing FlyInside, X-Plane still fails to start.

Boy, this is really frustrating. I'm at a total loss as to what it is about my computer's configuration that is preventing FlyInside and X-Plane from
working together. My system configuration isn't unusual. Standard stuff. I use Windows 10; Non-beta Oculus drivers; No addons in X-Plane. It's really
a surprise.

I think I'll completely uninstall X-Plane and do a reinstall. Although X-Plane appears to run fine without FlyInside installed, maybe there is a corrupted file
in the current installation. I'll keep you posted.

Regardless of whether we get this to work, I want to thank both you and Stephan for taking your time to help me out. You guys have been great. Thank you
so much.

Sincerely,

Tony Elias

Hey Tony,

please upload us some log files. Both from FlyInside or X-Plane would be very interesting for us!

BR
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby HammerT1me » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:54 am

Hi Stephan,

Attached is a log file from X-Plane. I checked the FlyInside folder in AppData/Local, but there are no log files there. Only a .ini file and a .ini.bak file.

I completely uninstalled X-Plane today and reinstalled it. My hopes where that it might be something in the X-Plane install, but no luck. As soon as I installed FlyInside
and ran it, I got the message that X-Plane had failed. It just wont run with FlyInside installed. I also uninstalled my copy of FlyInside for P3D, thinking that maybe there was a conflict
between the two .exe files, but again, no luck. Very frustrating.

Anyways, good luck with the log file. I hope it reveals something to you and Tony. I'm totally at a loss. :(

Thank you again,

Tony
Attachments
Log.txt
(46.9 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
CPU: Intel i7 3770K; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, on latest driver; RAM: 16gb, DDR3; Mobo: Sabertooth Z77; Hard Drive: 500 GB, SSD; OS: Win 10, x64; Simulators: P3D, v3.4; X-Plane, v11.02r2 (build 110202 64-bit);
Oculus Rift
HammerT1me

Postby HammerT1me » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:05 am

Hi Stephan,

I was just looking at the log file that I sent you. I realized that I sent you a log file after I had uninstalled FlyInside, and run X-Plane. I believe that it's a normal log file, not reflecting the effect of
FlyInside XP on X-Plane. (At least on my system.)

Attached is a log file generated after having reinstalled FlyInside XP, then having tried to start X-Plane, and X-Plane failing. I suspect this log file will be much more informative for you.

Also, I looked for any FlyInside log files that may have been generated, but can not find anything.

Good luck with this log file.. I hope it reveals something useful.

Tony
Attachments
Log.txt
(1.27 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
Oculus Rift
HammerT1me

Postby HammerT1me » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:20 am

Hi Stephan or Tony,

I was just comparing the files in both my X-Plane folder and my P3D folder and I noticed that the P3D folder has 3 FlyInside files: "FlyInsideAnnotator.exe," "FlyInsideLoader.dll," and "FlyInsideP3D.exe." The X-Plane folder only has: "FlyInsideAnnotator.exe," and "FlyInsideXP.exe." There is no FlyInsideLoader.dll in the X-Plane folder.

Could this be a problem?

Tony
Oculus Rift
HammerT1me

Postby Stevil » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:30 am

HammerT1me wrote:Hi Stephan or Tony,

I was just comparing the files in both my X-Plane folder and my P3D folder and I noticed that the P3D folder has 3 FlyInside files: "FlyInsideAnnotator.exe," "FlyInsideLoader.dll," and "FlyInsideP3D.exe." The X-Plane folder only has: "FlyInsideAnnotator.exe," and "FlyInsideXP.exe." There is no FlyInsideLoader.dll in the X-Plane folder.

Could this be a problem?

Tony

Good question. I will ask Dan about this!
The X-Plane logfile is pretty short and only reveals that it crashes very very early. This is absolutely not normal...

You don't have any logfile from FlyInside itself or? Did you give it a try to delete the Xplane or FlyInside settings?
Dan said in another post: Could you try resetting all X-Plane settings? Just rename your "X-Plane 11\Output\Preferences" folder to "X-Plane 11\Output\Preferences.old

BR
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby Tony » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:46 am

I'll be emailing you soon Tony, to set up a teamviewer session with Dan, so we can get to the bottom of this for you ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby HammerT1me » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi Tony,

I just reinstalled and re-ran FlyInside, with the "Preferences" folder in X-Plane removed. Again, no luck. X-Plane still wont start with FlyInside installed.

Any news about the missing FlyInsideLoader.dll file? I'm hoping that that's where the problem lies. Although, if that were the case, I'm sure there would be many more people complaining that X-Plane wouldn't start with FlyInside XP installed.

Take care..

Tony E

Oh.. btw.. Here's a "crash" log that was generated after my last attempt at starting X-Plane with FlyInside installed. This was copied and pasted from a .rpt file that I found in X-Plane 11/Output/Crash Reports folder. I tried to send the original, but got a message that .rpt files were not permitted to be uploaded. I copied and pasted the contents of the file into Notepad. Maybe this will help to shed some light...
Attachments
X-Plane Crash Log_07_19_2017_2_55pm.txt
(99 Bytes) Downloaded 370 times
Oculus Rift
HammerT1me

Postby Tony » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:05 pm

email sent Tony ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby HammerT1me » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:30 am

Just want to report that the issue has been resolved.

The fact that my X-Plane install is on a different drive than my Windows install caused a hiccup with the OpenGL file. A quick bit of coding magic by Dan, fixed everything.

If you have X-Plane installed on a drive other than Windows, and you are having problems with FlyInside and X-Plane working together, it's possible that this could be the problem.

All the Best,
HammerT1me
Oculus Rift
HammerT1me

PreviousNext

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019