I give up. Im done.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

I give up. Im done.

Postby kempybez » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:43 am

I have had enough now.
Its one thing after another.
I sent more time
MB: Asus Maximus Hero viii | CPU: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz oc | RAM: 16gb DDR4 @3000 | GPU:GeForce GTX1080ti 11Gb | OS:Win7 x64 | Display: Oculus Rift CV1 | Flight Controls: TM Warthog, Saitek Cessna Yoke+pedals+2 Throttle Quads, Oculus Touch.
kempybez

Re: I give up. Im done.

Postby Stevil » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:30 am

kempybez wrote:I have had enough now.
Its one thing after another.
I sent more time

What do you mean?
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby Wendell5160 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:08 am

I feel your Pain....just when you think all is ok....something else comes up out of the blue....Hopefully Dan will Change all that soon....
Windows 10-64 bit HTC Vive- FI FSX steam Not sold on XP11 yet- AMD 4 gig -intel 5 6400
Wendell5160

Postby Tony » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:11 pm

What has happened mate ? We have a mod here called Bruce, he took time away and is now back. Maybe a break to recharge the batteries mate? This hobby is very frustrating at times and we all need a break. Mine was from 2009 to 2014. Sold all my flight sim stuff and had to start all over again. I get fed up still and now do other stuff to ease the frustration.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby kempybez » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:08 am

Hey Chaps,
Sorry for my rant. I didn't finish the post and didnt think i submitted it but clearly i did!
One day everything works ok, next day after changing nothing i get 12 fps or the clouds are messed up or something.
I just want to turn it on and fly now instead of fixing things everyday.
I just seem to have nothing but headaches.
Last few days ive had like 12fps with same settings i had since new gfx card.
Couldnt work out why when up until then i was getting 25 fps (high settings).
Then the interact button would not be recognised by FI.
Controller was switched on etc and it worked in my controller profiles etc just wouldn't work with FI.
Then i fixed that (after breaking my keyboard - temper tantrum) and had the weirdest thing happened.

It all worked. I was able to fly @40fps with everything maxed out (except AA) in LA with orthos ZL18 and HD mesh.
40fps.... i have never seen that with high settings. I literally changed nothing except moved my pc and my flight and racing rigs around in my games room and plugged everything back in (different usb's). It went through and reinstalled all drivers now my flight sim works better than ever.

I wish i understood this.
MB: Asus Maximus Hero viii | CPU: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz oc | RAM: 16gb DDR4 @3000 | GPU:GeForce GTX1080ti 11Gb | OS:Win7 x64 | Display: Oculus Rift CV1 | Flight Controls: TM Warthog, Saitek Cessna Yoke+pedals+2 Throttle Quads, Oculus Touch.
kempybez

Postby Greyman » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:08 pm

You would think that computers would behave in a consistent manner wouldn't you?

Well you would at least until you start to use them in one of an almost limitless number of possible hardware and software combinations. Then you find that they are not as predictable as you would have hoped.

On top of that, given the performance of XP11 and its apparent sensitivity to things like weather, scenery, time of day etc. it isn't really surprising that the fps goes up and down like an up and down thing.

My advice, don't get too stressed by it, just be happy that we get to sit inside and fly millions of pounds/dollars worth of aircraft, without leaving our house. Priceless :)
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Postby kempybez » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:56 pm

Greyman wrote:You would think that computers would behave in a consistent manner wouldn't you?

Well you would at least until you start to use them in one of an almost limitless number of possible hardware and software combinations. Then you find that they are not as predictable as you would have hoped.

On top of that, given the performance of XP11 and its apparent sensitivity to things like weather, scenery, time of day etc. it isn't really surprising that the fps goes up and down like an up and down thing.

My advice, don't get too stressed by it, just be happy that we get to sit inside and fly millions of pounds/dollars worth of aircraft, without leaving our house. Priceless :)

Hey Greyman,

Wouldn't it be nice if they were predictable.

Flown again today with no changes. 40fps even with alot of clouds and overcast weather in california and ai traffic.

If it stays like this i will be a happy bunny.

You're right it is great flying a million dollar plane for a few quid.

I think that's why i get the arse ache when it messes about because when it's working it's an amazing experience.
kempybez

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019