FOV problems with pb12 ?

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

FOV problems with pb12 ?

Postby twgin » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:20 pm

Since the release of pb12 I feel like I am a midget sitting in a giant plane...

I think its FOV, upon starting up SteamVR and FlyInside, FOV is forced to something like 75 degrees and cannot be changed (this is in X-Plane Graphics section, it can be edited but after returning to the plane it goes back to the 75 value)...

adjusting the FOV multiplier in FlyInside settings has no effect... seems to affect all airplanes...

anybody else noticing this after pb12 ?

Terry
twgin

Re: FOV problems with pb12 ?

Postby Tony » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:09 pm

If using Steam VR beta then disable that and go back to standard Steam and see if this still happens ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby twgin » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:22 pm

yes, I checked, not running SteamVR beta... some other cause, no one else seeing this with X-Plane 11 pb12 and FlyInside ? trying to think about how I might have caused this...

Terry
twgin

Postby twgin » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:44 pm

well, sorted this finally although I don't know what's causing it...

inside SteamVR's settings file: steamvr.vrsettings (which is in C:Program Files(X86)\Steam\config),

something is putting a line in there that sets the mirror view window to a certain resolution and aspect ratio... this line also restricts X-Plane to that certain resolution and aspect ratio...

deleting the line makes the FOV problems go away...

interestingly, after a few restarts the line is back in there ! don't know at this point where that is coming from... I have of course Steam and SteamVR and flip back and forth between X-Plane and DCS,

something is generating that line in steamvr.vrsettings, haven't figured out what yet...

Terry
twgin

Postby T-light » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:58 am

I'm having exactly the same issue.
Everything in the cockpit appears too far away. In the default Cessna the yoke seems too small and in a 737 the throttles seem to be about a meter away.

I'm currently setting up a new system and it's hooked up to an older 4:3 1600x1200 monitor, could this be messing things up?

X-Plane 11.05 (From Laminar, not Steam edition)
We bought flyinside on Friday night so I'm guessing it's the latest build.

Intel 7400, 16Gb DDR4, Gigabyte Extreme Aorus 1080, 8Gb DDR5.

Brent.

Additional Info.
I had one plugin running, I've removed it from the plugins directory and restarted my machine (to be on the safe side). No effect, it's the same as it was before.
I've also ran it with a touch controller in the default X-Plane 11 Cessna, here's what I found...
The six pack looks a good 80cm or more from my viewpoint, yet if I stretch out the virtual hand to touch it I'd say I stretch no more than 30cm or so.
If I reach out for the door on the right, my hand goes through it at a stretch of about 40cm.
If I rest my hand on my lap, the virtual hand is resting on the Cessna floor.

I did post the log files in a separate post but they've vanished, here they are again...
Attachments
Log.txt
X-Plane log
(23.76 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
log.txt
FlyInside Log
(175.75 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
T-light

Postby T-light » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:24 am

Log files for the above post, just to see if it helps...
Attachments
log.txt
(Flyinside log)
(147.04 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
Log.txt
(X-Plane log)
(256.32 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
T-light

Postby T-light » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:47 pm

AHA. Solved it.
At the risk of sounding like a degenerate I'll post what I did wrong.

I hadn't set up the Oculus properly, when it asks you to stand I was sitting down (I didn't originaly have any spare room and as x-plane is a sitting down experience I didn't think it was important).
It wasn't until I freed up some standing space this afternoon and downloaded Robo Recall that I put two and two together. All the robots looked like midgets. DOH!

Anyway, re-ran the setup while standing.
We're all good here, thanks to everyone who looked in and hope this is of some help to anyone with similar issues.

Brent.
T-light

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019