No forced homescreen

A place for VR pilots to rest and post screenshots and videos and chat about anything.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

No forced homescreen

Postby Sharkku » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:20 am

The !"#¤&:s at Dovetail Games have made a change to fsui.dll that makes the homescreen rather than the last used screen be loaded when you start FSX. This infuriates me, since it's only there for them to push their advertising in a game I paid for, and it's very annoying to have that screen load, and have to click your preferred screen everytime you start the sim. But if you replace the fsui.dll with the older version i post here, you will regain the functionality (remembering last screen used) that FSX used to have. Enjoy!

[Link removed, sorry guys. FSX DLL's are technically copyrighted and not allowed for redistribution. Not a risk I want to take with the message board. -- Dan]
CPU: i7-7700K @4.6 GHz, GPU: GTX1080Ti, RAM: 16 GB, OS: Win10 64-bit, HMD: Rift CV1
Software: FSX:SE, FFS, Nvidia driver: 391.35, Oculus runtime: public test channel, FlyInside 1.8013 beta

Beta tester and site mod
Sharkku

Re: No forced homescreen

Postby admin » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:36 pm

I'm not seeing this, and am continuing to load direct to flight as always. Are you sure that your "Settings -> General" "Show Opening Screen" is unchecked? Mine is unchecked, and I have no opening screen even on the latest version :)

As a side-note I edited out your link. Obviously you only had the best of intentions and didn't do anything wrong, but it's technically a link to copyrighted material. I don't want anyone sending take-down requests to the forum, you know? Sillier things have happened on the internet.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: No forced homescreen

Postby Sharkku » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:33 am

Yes, I have the "show opening screen" checked. That's the point. I don't want to have a flight loaded that I don't want to use when I start. I want the opening screen, and I want it to open with last used page, most often it's Missions or Free Flight. I don't want it to open the Homescreen, forced, regardless of what I had open when I last closed the sim. Generally, I like it when a program remembers the state I leave it in, window position, open tabs, adjusted columns, etc. etc.

But of course, I agree, best to play it safe with links. Didn't think of it as sharing copyrighted material, but of course, technically it is. It's pretty silly though, since it's a file that everyone with FSX has had before. Legally, I think everyone with a copy of FSX would be allowed to download it from me, but sharing a link on this forum would of course make it public so someone without FSX could download it. Heaven forbid, that could make Microsoft and Dovetail bankrupt! :roll:

Anyway, anyone with a wish to reprimand me for this, feel free to PM me! ;)
CPU: i7-7700K @4.6 GHz, GPU: GTX1080Ti, RAM: 16 GB, OS: Win10 64-bit, HMD: Rift CV1
Software: FSX:SE, FFS, Nvidia driver: 391.35, Oculus runtime: public test channel, FlyInside 1.8013 beta

Beta tester and site mod
Sharkku

Return to The Lounge