when first starting in plane, goes to max zoom and won't sto

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

when first starting in plane, goes to max zoom and won't sto

Postby Mb5oaks » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:37 pm

Hello everyone,

First, thank you for your help!

It seems whenever I start in the plane, with FlyInside on, it instantly starts to zoom in to max. I don't know if it is a command in FSX that is making it zoom or if it is Flyinside thats making it zoom but I have bound the key in Flyinside and when I hit it to stop or to unzoom....it does nothing. Is there a Key in FSX that I need to hit?

The only thing I have done differently is I bought the new Mitz Beaver and installed it and I updated Flyinside to 8.1. Thats it.

As a side note...now my X Plane 11 is flickering as well. Again...nothing else has changed or is new other than installing the new mitz Beaver and updating the flyinside xplane and FSX to 8.1

Thank you for your help.
Mb5oaks

Re: when first starting in plane, goes to max zoom and won't

Postby Mb5oaks » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:35 pm

As an update, I have uninstalled flyinside and reinstalled it with no change. I also did this with X Plane 11 flyinside which DID fix the issue on that one (same issue, it would slowly start to go to max zoom) .

Is there any other info anyone needs in order to help or offer suggestions. Anything would be great. Thank you
Mb5oaks

Postby Tony » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:32 pm

Sounds like a controller causing issues? What peripherals are you using ? Joystick pedals throttles ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Mb5oaks » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:51 am

I'm using a saitek x52 Pro for joystick. I haven't updated it or done anything differently with them though.

I did go through FSX and see if there were any view commands or axis that were bound to do views and there were none.
Mb5oaks

Postby Tony » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:03 pm

Can you go to control panel in Windows and do a calibration from there? Also just to test, set an interaction key with your keyboard then remove the controller and see if the issue is still there ?
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Mb5oaks » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:01 pm

I did a full windows recalibration and unplug the joystick and tested it in FSX with the same problem. I also ran FSX a second time WITH the joystick plugged in but without Flyinside and the zoom issue was gone. I was excited as I thought the problem was fixed only to try running FSX WITH joystick AND fly inside only to again have the zoom issue. I again did the calibration and unplugged the joystick and ran FSX with Flyinside to again still have the zoom issue.

I suspect it is a flyinside issue. :(

I have already tried uninstalling fly inside only to reinsalle it with no differance.
Mb5oaks

Postby Tony » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:08 pm

Ok can you find your Flyinside folder under the appdata/roaming file tree. This can be a hassle but worth trying. In the folder is a settings.ini file. Delete this. This will reset Flyinside and also your password will need to be put in again. Also find your fsx.cfg and rename that or delete it. Now start up Flyinside again and see if this fixes the issue. We have had this problem before and for some reason it involves the X52.
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Tony » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:41 pm

Do you have any milviz aircraft installed ?
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Mb5oaks » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:53 pm

Yes, I have the new beaver and f-15. ha ha..and now that I think about it...I just recently bought and installed them and thats when the issues started.

Should I uninstall them?
Mb5oaks

Postby Tony » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:55 pm

Try uninstalling the F15 first mate. I have a fix if it turns out to be that one.
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Next

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here