Latest Install?

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Latest Install?

Postby Link » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:53 pm

Complete newbie here and hoping I can glean some updated info from the experienced users.

I have just bought a HP Z book with an nVidia P4000 video card. Got myself a new occulus Rift with controllers and am keen to use it with X-Plane 11.

Given all that, which version of FlyInside should I use? There seems to be many. I’m not sure I want to step into beta testing straight off the bat but I do want to make sure I’m downloading a stable/ updated / correct version.

Is anyone willing to advise or provide a link please? And if there’s specific setup advice not mentioned as per https://riftinfo.com/x-plane-on-oculus- ... -and-setup I’d certainly appreciate it.

Cheers,
Link.
Link

Re: Latest Install?

Postby Tony » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:34 pm

Link not sure that card will work too well ? Try the latest version on the store and give it a 15 minute try before you buy......I don't understand where you see many ? Unless you are looking at our older versions ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Link » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:52 am

Thanks for your reply. I got a system similar to this: http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-zbook- ... 4ut-aba--1

This is a "VR Ready" laptop with quite a high end Oculus compatible video card. It seemed relatively high at https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

I am hopeful it will do well with the Oculus Touch I just bought.

In any case there are four downloads at https://flyinside-fsx.com/Download

At first glance it looks like I should be looking at the "FlyInside XP Pro 1.81 - for X-Plane (Beta)" but I am concerned about the "beta" part.

So is it a better idea to just go for the "FlyInside XP Pro 1.8 - 4/28/2017"

Sorry, I'm trying my best not to ask newbie questions and waste your time, but it's a little confusing, I really appreciate your help.

Cheers,
Link.
Link

Postby Greyman » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:01 pm

As half of the download links are for the Vive and the remainder for the Oculus Rift, the latter will be the group that you will be more interested in and you should be able to tell those from the name.

You have now narrowed the list down to 4 and there is one each for the now 4 flight simulators that FlyInside supports, namely X-Plane, Flight Simulator X (FSX), Prepare3d (P3D) and P3Dv4. You will therefore need to pick the one that corresponds to the flight simulator that you use. Again, the labels/names links should make it fairly clear which one it needs to be.

As you can download a free trial version and give it a go before you buy, it won't be a major disaster if you still pick the wrong one, but hopefully I will have helped to ensure that doesn't happen.. :)

Good luck
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Postby Tony » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:43 pm

And the beta is NOT for Flyinside but refers to Xplane being in beta most of the time LOL so yes 1.81 is the one you need to try :)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Link » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:54 pm

Thanks so much for your help. I had no idea those other names were all flight simulators TBH. But makes perfect sense.

Thanks again and hopefully next time I'll have a more engaging question!

Cheers,
Link.
Link

Postby Greyman » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:27 pm

Please don't worry about it. If you don't know the answer then it's worth asking.
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Return to Oculus Rift CV1