Oculus Touch and Jardesign a330

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Oculus Touch and Jardesign a330

Postby dzseti » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:40 am

Am flying Jardesign a330 using mouse okay, but when I try with Oculus Touch not all buttons work correctly. It would be great, if they would as Jardesign have done an excellent job in building the a330 model.

How should I go about resolving these button issues with Oculus Touch? Is this an issue at the Jardesign end or something needs to done at Flyinside end - or even is it something that I could help with improving?
dzseti

Re: Oculus Touch and Jardesign a330

Postby Stevil » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:12 am

Right now every airplane acts different in terms of knobs, buttons and switches. This makes it pretty hard to get all functionality in every airplane.
X-Plane 11 will give the planemakers better ways to set the controlling attributes to the buttons so we should see an improvement here in the future, I guess.

BR
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby dzseti » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks, Stephan

A little slow in replying, but since your post I have added leap motion and notice that the operation (or not) of buttons seems to be the same with both so I conclude that the issues are with the Flyinside interface. Hoping, as you say, for some improvements with X Plane 11.

Is it helpful, if I provide someone with the details of issues (or post the detail here)? I could give some very specific feedback for development - even help with testing if that's useful.

In summary I have identified the following issues (can give more detail, if needed). They apply equally to Oculus Touch controllers and to LeapMotion:

1) MCDU: none of the buttons can be pressed with Touch or LM
My number one issue, because a flight plan and other settings have to be input for every flight and there is no work-around (flight plans can be loaded from text files, but the glide slope data is never correct and I use the excellent data from Navigraph). Using the mouse with Oculus is a nightmare - several clicks often just to press one button :(

2) Flaps: can move to positions 2, 3 or 4 (eg "flaps 3" heard), but then always springs back to position 1 ("flaps 1" heard)

3) Altitude: moves nicely through the low thousands then jumps to 20,000 ft so always need a mouse to set something like 15,000 ft

4) Can't find a button on the overhead panel (power, lighting, other controls etc) that works :( - also brake and brake fan buttons don't work

5) Thrust lever not grabable and moveable (for me not such a big issue)

6) On multi-function buttons like the pressure knob when using push-pull I sometimes end up "turning" the knob (eg changing the pressure setting, which once caused the aircraft to dive!) - maybe a way in Flyinside to make the knob less sensitive?

Just a start at documenting the issues; can do more, if helpful :)

(Ticked this time the "notify me when a reply is posted" box - so should react a little faster next time round, Stephan!)
dzseti

Postby Stevil » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Hey mate,

just a quick question (just came home from work and tired as *#%*):
Did you install the latest FlyInside version? Dan made some significant improvements there!

BR
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby dzseti » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:09 am

Hi Stephan

Yes, when I set up Leap Motion, I updated Flyinside, X Plane and a patch from Jardesign for sounds (there were problems following the X Plane upgrade).

So the freshest of everything... :)
dzseti

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019