Prepar 3D V4.1 crashes with Samsung Odyssey

Please post your findings and please add what headset you are using in your post.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: Prepar 3D V4.1 crashes with Samsung Odyssey

Postby denali » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:53 pm

fritz99 wrote:Hello !
How can I disable SLI mode ?

If you don't know if you are running SLI you most certainly are not. It means you have two or more NVidia GPU cards working in unison. You turn SLI on and off in NVidia control panel.
denali

Postby fritz99 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:11 am

denali wrote:
fritz99 wrote:Hello !
How can I disable SLI mode ?

If you don't know if you are running SLI you most certainly are not. It means you have two or more NVidia GPU cards working in unison. You turn SLI on and off in NVidia control panel.

Thank you very much .
I am desperately waiting for a solution for my Prepar3d V4 and my Samsung Odyssey.
Oculus Rift VC1
HTC VIVE
Core I7 4 GHZ
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 980TI
fritz99

Postby denali » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:34 pm

A little update.

I have installed a clean P3D 4.2 and FI 1.92. I am still able to get a non-sli setup to run. And the framerate is up into the lower 40's, but I suspect it is because of a clean installation and I haven't messed it up yet.

I also managed to get an SLI configuration to run. I do not know what the trick was that time. But Using EVGA Precision OCX I saw both GPU running around the high 40's to 50% each, instead of around 70 on one. The only hint I have to go on as to why it worked was I had the situation dialog up instead of letting it load right into the VR airplane. I turned the dialog off while experimenting and haven't tried it with it on again yet. I'm hoping to get this to run in SLI reliably, even though I am clearly CPU bound and the framerate was the same, i know that the quality of the image can be improved greatly without much of a hit on the framerate because of SLI. Not gonna mess with that though until I get SLI stable. Wish me luck!
denali

Postby jacogroeneveld » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:17 am

Hello

Keep movng :D

maybe I have an idea. it would be possible to use only the cockpit in fsx. this because it is not necessary to run the entire aircraft. result less load CPU GPU.

Best Regards Jaco
jacogroeneveld

Postby denali » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:26 pm

Tried uninstalling Oculus and Revive. Maybe a little more stable for SLI. It really does seem to be a driver issue with maybe more than one device trying to use the HMD. Anyone have any ideas I can try. Things to look for in configs or inis? Or more drivers or devices I can look to stopping? Also, FI is still not recognizing my yoke. ... help?
denali

Postby fritz99 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:04 am

WOW !!!!!
It is working with the latest flyinside version !
There is just one problem :
The "field of view" is not ok.
During flying I can see at the edges blinking black lines.
They are changing with some background blinking.
It looks like as if the most outside 3 or 4 lines are not rendered each time.
Do I have to change the resolution in the P3D ?
Oculus Rift VC1
HTC VIVE
Core I7 4 GHZ
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 980TI
fritz99

Postby denali » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:26 am

Finally, built the new computer. 5.2ghz stable 8700k with 3600/17 DRAM, Samsung EVO 960. Everything runs great. Prepar3d runs great, max vehicles,
But I still cannot get Fly-inside to run in SLI. Same symptoms as above.
Because of stupid miners I haven't upgraded my 2x EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX SLI set for a 1080ti. I plan to wait and see what comes out in the next few months, including pricewise. Availability has increased, I can find many models online after searching now, but prices are still unreasonably high.

Without SLI I can get 30+ FPS in Fly-inside, 1 GPU maxed out. With SLI I am not sure what I get in just Prepar3d 4.2 sans FI. But it does not seem as smooth. Both GPU maxed out.

I am not done experimenting, tweaking or testing. I hope that someone will take a look when there is a bit of time at why my SLI setup won't seem to work with FI anymore. Or if anyone has any suggestions or any experiments they want me to try let me know.
denali

Postby denali » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:20 am

I thought that since I was in this particular sub-forum I would have found the answer here. None of the moderators or devs are chiming in here and so it seems I'm on my own. So I took some time looking through the other threads. It would have been nice for someone to say that FlyInside does not support SLI. It Used To, and it was kinda noted by many people when SLI became functional with Prepar3d. But nowhere in the download or program information pages does it mention that it no longer does. Here's the odd part. I have had the 1.9 version function with my Odyssey in SLI, although as if it wasn't meant to, and not repeatable. But even more strange is I've had 1.9 working with a Pimax BE and Pimax 4k, Flawlessly!, which according to the greater forum, it should not. So I went into this whole Windows Virtual Reality Odyssey thinking that it was an issue, it should work, attempting to get it to. Enthusiastic to get it to run, eventually, or waiting for the cavalry, the devs, to find the solution. But none of the moderators spoke up, and nobody else. And I'm quite sore about this.
I'm not as enthusiastic about FI as I once was. I will continue to use it. But I'm no longer as enthusiastic about your efforts, as you clearly allowed me to waste mine. That sucks.
denali

Postby jacogroeneveld » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:20 pm

Hello Denali,

Pleace can you make the steps for using the pimax4 ?
i think i try to start whit this vr.

thank you

regards jaco from holland.

Core i7-4790K GTX 970
jacogroeneveld

Postby jacogroeneveld » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Hello Denali,

can you olso explane the differents and qualety from the pimax4.

jaco
jacogroeneveld

Previous

Return to Windows Mixed Reality