Vive pro compatiblity

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: Vive pro compatiblity

Postby Robert » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:35 pm

I know exactly what you mean about now rather than later. Our next door neighbor's family is pulling life support after he fell, hit his head, and now has no brain activity. Life can be very harsh. I’m getting up in years myself and you can’t take any of this with you. I also prefer FlyInside but will post if I have any luck with native VR settings. Just getting ready to see what I can sort out.

I wouldn’t give up on Oculus coming out with a higher res headset until after F8, though. They might surprise you and there is some pressure on them now that the Pro is out. But you never know. I wish these companies would be more open with what they are doing as it would make it much easier to plan.

In the mean time, I just hope I can get P3D native mode to do what I want. It really does look stunning in the Pro.

Dan, can you please let us know if you can do something for FlyInside?
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby Tony » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:34 pm

Robert contact Dan direct via his email, he now has a pro and may be able to help :) if he doesn't get back to you then nudge me and I'll nudge him for you ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Robert » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:28 pm

That’s awesome, Tony! If he has a Pro, though, I’m sure he’ll see the difference right off.

I was just experimenting in P3D and there are settings for rotate Vive eyes in and out as well as move them in and out. I suspect that’s convergence and scale in its VR. Only thing was they didn’t seem to have any effect in native VR once I gave them keypresses.

I also tried different FlyInside resolution settings but all that did was blur things out. So no way I could find to get the images in FlyInside to look as good as in P3D's native VR mode. But the scale is off for me (everything is a bit small) in P3D's native VR mode.

I was trying to get through the lens images to show just how much of a difference there is but all I did was get a new respect for those able to get those images. I managed to get a pair - one native P3D and one FlyInside - but they made FlyInside look better just by the luck of the draw and that I managed to capture an image where the camera lens was more in the sweet spot. There is definitely a difference and FlyInside isn’t the better looking. :D

I won’t bug him as like I said, he'll see it right off. I’m not running FSX any more but P3D definitely shows it. I’d bet it’s an easy fix too but don’t know. The complexity would probably come in making one program handle multiple resolutions. More complexity there than just using new values for screen size - but that means more versions to maintain.

I’m happy just knowing he has what he needs and will no doubt need to do the same kind of thing to the flight sim.

Thanks, T-Man!
Robert

Postby Robert » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:19 am

Hey Tony, since you have a direct line, can you see if Dan is looking into this? I’m now not the only one asking.

Thanks and cheers!
Robert

Postby malexdu » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:21 am

I am also thinking of upgrading my Vive to the Vive Pro, but due to its price have held back, watching the reviews and forums feedback before making the plunge. My main concern is the lack of feedback and information from the Flyinside crew. Not sure it would be too much of a stretch to of expected some test feedback and observations regarding this new hardware release by now?
Malexdu

Win 10 (64 bit) / i7-8700K @ 5.0 mhz / 32mb RAM / Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti / P3Dv4.5 / HP Reverb Pro Headset /AS & ASCA /Flyinside P3D4 1.98 / Too much Orbx Scenery /
malexdu

Postby Fabrice77 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:32 am

Received my Vive Pro yesterday and tested with FlyInside and x-Plane 11. Did not make a full flight yet, just teste for 20 minutes.
Without changing any settings, it is working pretty well. Display is clearer and general feeling is good. The only negative thing currently is the FPS hit.
As I did not change any setting neither in X-Plane nor in FI, I don't understand why I have such impact.

In Geneva LSGG where I usually get the less FPS (I wonder why by the way...), here is what I get:
Stock Baron: with Vive 27-28 fps, with Vive Pro 21-22-fps
FlightFactor A320U: with Vive 18-20 fps, with Vive Pro 15-17 fps (so almost unusable)

I also noticed that the blue dot (FI cursor) is not alligned in both eyes in the plane (it is ok in the FI menu). This was not the case with the VIve.

The few other VR games I trIed do not show fps drops, or at least not noticable. Hope that an update of FI will improve performance...

Thanks,
Fabrice
i9 9900K @3.6GHz - 32GB RAM - Nvidia RTX2080Ti - Windows 10 Pro
HTC Vive Pro - Saitek X56 - Saitek Throttle Quadrant - Saitek Pedals
X-Plane 11 - FlightFactor A320U - XPUIPC
Pilot2ATC - Spad.neXT - VoiceAttack
Fabrice77

Postby Tony » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:44 pm

Robert wrote:Hey Tony, since you have a direct line, can you see if Dan is looking into this? I’m now not the only one asking.

Thanks and cheers!

Done mate ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Robert » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:01 pm

Thanks, Tony!

Guys, even if it doesn’t work so well, have a look at what the image is like in P3D native with the Pro. FlyInside and the Pro is the best feature-wise, but it isn’t giving you the full resolution available. Or I just don’t know the proper settings. It’s one of the two.

It’s like having new eyes. It's just a mess otherwise though.

I think right now all the resolution settings in FlyInside are wasted and just impact performance while giving you some minor resolution boost over the blur you get at the low setting. Unless I’m missing something, I think the full potential of the Pro resolution is wasted in FlyInside and we won’t see proper performance until Dan fixes it to work properly with the Pro.
Robert

Postby Fabrice77 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:20 am

Robert wrote:I think right now all the resolution settings in FlyInside are wasted and just impact performance while giving you some minor resolution boost over the blur you get at the low setting. Unless I’m missing something, I think the full potential of the Pro resolution is wasted in FlyInside and we won’t see proper performance until Dan fixes it to work properly with the Pro.

I agree. I made my first full flight and it went better than I thought, but I'm sure that FI can do a lot better with a Vive Pro.
Let's wait for Dan's input and an update that will allow using the full potential of the Pro.
i9 9900K @3.6GHz - 32GB RAM - Nvidia RTX2080Ti - Windows 10 Pro
HTC Vive Pro - Saitek X56 - Saitek Throttle Quadrant - Saitek Pedals
X-Plane 11 - FlightFactor A320U - XPUIPC
Pilot2ATC - Spad.neXT - VoiceAttack
Fabrice77

Postby ferny76 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:00 pm

Hello guys!!! I got my Vive pro too and I Kindly ask Tony and Dan to fix it

Cheers
Fernando
ferny76

PreviousNext