flyinside crashes at start up

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

flyinside crashes at start up

Postby billdavis996@yahoo » Mon May 28, 2018 3:41 pm

I get a fatal error every time that I start up FSX' it says "hooks\FSX\D3D9\IdirectD3D9Hooks.ccp;Line 108 fatal error.

Please help, I am not happy. I use this program daily and this just started happening 2 days ago. I have spent hours trying to reload, load older versions, everything. FSX works fine if I run it without Flyinside but crashes again when I try to use FI. I know your next question will be what setup and all of that other stuff. I don't want to have a back and forth on this. I am sure I am not the only one asking about this so please keep it simple and just tell me what I need to do. Thank and I look forward to you response.

Regards,
Very Frustrated!!!
billdavis996@yahoo

Re: flyinside crashes at start up

Postby Tony » Tue May 29, 2018 2:45 am

I know you are frustrated mate and the back and forth is very annoying but we do need some info to help :) ok it was fine 2 days ago. What changed ? Any new updates or add-ons? Did they get updated ? Your system get updated. Please try to take some time and hopefully we will get you back on track. Did you try the save or delete fsx.cfg and let it rebuild? Do you have any other camera utility?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby billdavis996@yahoo » Tue May 29, 2018 7:48 am

the only change was that I went on the FI site and down loaded the latest version because I have not used it in about 3 weeks. I went to load and it said update found so I updated to 9.2 or what ever the newest one is. My system is all new. I have a Lenovo y720 I went back to the version that I bought back in December but it still would not load. I get the same error with both versions. How do I delete the FSX.cfg?
billdavis996@yahoo

Postby billdavis996@yahoo » Tue May 29, 2018 3:13 pm

I am running a brand new Lenovo Y720 and the only thing that was changed was I updated FI to the newest version. I went back to the old version that I bought in December but I git the same results. How do I delete the FSX cfg?
billdavis996@yahoo

Postby Tony » Wed May 30, 2018 2:41 pm

Hi mate OK you need to ensure "show Hidden files" is on, this is easy to do within windows......then go to C drive/users/your pc name/appdata/microsoft/fsx and in there you'll see an fsx.cfg file, save it somewhere or just delete it then restart Flyinside. Just confirm you downloaded the correct version for fsx and you VR HMD ?
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby billdavis996@yahoo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:23 pm

I still cant use fsx with flyinside. Is there another version higher than 1.92 that will fix this or if I go back to a 2017 version will that work since it worked great up till two weeks ago. I cant run fsx at all at this point and I really MISS MY SIM. I am starting lessons in 3 weeks and I was banging out some hours on the sim so I am ready for real world. What do I need to do???? again I get the hooks\fsx\d3d9\Idirect3D9Hooks.cpp: line 108 error. Please help...… Everything is current and I tried all of the above.
billdavis996@yahoo

Postby billdavis996@yahoo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:07 am

Anything?????
billdavis996@yahoo

Postby Tony » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:52 pm

Are you using VRS Superbug and TACPACK ?

This may help if you are ? = https://forum.flyinside-fsx.com/viewtop ... bug#p28914
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby billdavis996@yahoo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:29 pm

No I am not. I just run the stock planes, mostly the Cessna but nothing has been added like mods or dlcs. Just straight out the box versions of both. This is killing me cause I cant use fsx at all because I got so use to Flyinside and vr that I cannot go back to a monitor.
billdavis996@yahoo

Postby billdavis996@yahoo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:31 pm

please tell me a fix or refund my money. I have not been able to use flyinside with fsx for 2 months. FSX will work unless I run it with flyinside. I want to continue to use your software but if it will not work as advertised or continues to crash my Flight sim then I have no use for it. I just want my fsx with vr back. Please help me to get this working again!!!!! AGAIN I am using your latest version with the latest version of fsx steam addition with NO add-ons or mods. Just straight out the box, stock software on a Lenovo Y720 laptop that worked for several months then stopped.

WHAT NEXT!!!!
Last edited by billdavis996@yahoo on Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billdavis996@yahoo

Next

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here