FlyInside FSX:SE - Crashing - New Issue

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

FlyInside FSX:SE - Crashing - New Issue

Postby simonjb » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi there,

First new thread did not get submitted for some reason. I have an issue with FlyInside FSX which began occuring today. I am computer literate and hence have tried the obvious solutions without success.

Firstly I am using FSX Steam Edition, and I have been successfully using FlyInside with FSX:SE with my HTC Vive for many months. Yesterday myself and various members of my family were using the sim in VR without issue (except usual non-FlyInside related bugs).

Today, it loads normally along with FSX. However, when the joystick button is pressed to centre the HMD/Vive Headset, the game immediately exits with no error and no crash log. Neither FSX or FlyInside generate an error message or crash report.

I have tried removing FlyInside, deleting all associated files including any FSX files that may have been modified (used the modified date to delete any files not matching the original FSX install date). I then used steam's verify game cache feature to reinstall/redownload 18 files that I had deleted.

I then installed the latest flyinside (1.95), previously I was using 1.92. And the same issue occurs, no error message or crash log in the FSX or Flyinside folders in AppData/Roaming. Before logging in, with all default settings, the "centre" head position and assigning action button worked, but upon clicking "Try Now" the same issue occurs and FSX is instantly killed alongside FlyInside.

I have also tried deleting all settings files to restore FSX:SE and FlyInside to their default states. I still cannot get FSX to run in VR today despite all the usual suspects including graphics drivers, peripherals, and 2 monitors (tried single display to no avail).

I tried to attached the log.txt file from app data however it gets stuck on "sending request"; the file upload appears not to be working for me (new account maybe?). Link to the log, as a public dropbox file is below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kj1q4gsdyp9ejjs/log.txt?dl=1

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Simon JB
simonjb

Re: FlyInside FSX:SE - Crashing - New Issue

Postby Tony » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:38 am

Hi Simon sorry for the later reply......can you double check the key/button is not being used twice somewhere?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby simonjb » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:20 am

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I can confirm the button is not bound to anything else. The problem is replicable when all settings and key binding is restored to default (removal of CFGs).

Cheers

Simon JB
simonjb

Postby Tony » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:38 pm

I have passed this to Dan to check for you, sorry for the delay.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here