Carenado Cessna Citation II PFD's and Radios dark

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Carenado Cessna Citation II PFD's and Radios dark

Postby Natman22 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:48 pm

I am using X-Plane 11.26 and the latest Fi. When I open the Carenado Cessna Citation II with the engines and systems ready to take off both sets of PFD displays and all of the radio displays appear as they would in a cold and dark start. This is both in my Oculus Rift headset and on the desktop computer display. When I click on the PFD to activate a pop-up window of the instrument display on my main desktop display, the "pop up" instrument appears as it should, illuminated and working but in the headset the cockpit display remains dark. When I fly Native VR, the displays work in VR properly but I prefer FI to Native and would love to have someone at FI take a look at my log to see if anything looks amiss. I filed a support ticket with Carenado re this issue and they said they didn't see anything that would explain why I am not seeing the PFD in the headset and suggested I let you guys have a look. I fly several other recently released Carenado aircraft and this problem seems unique to this aircraft.
Thanks for any help or suggestions!
Attachments
Log.txt
(129.74 KiB) Downloaded 3721 times
Win 10 500G SSD/ i7 4790 @ 4ghz/32gig/ Zotac 1070 mini/Oculus Rift HMD/X-Plane 11.26/ 8Tb orthos
Natman22

Re: Carenado Cessna Citation II PFD's and Radios dark

Postby Shalomar » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:27 pm

I don't think this is a Flyinside issue. The displays come on with the avionics switch which is off by default even when spawning with engines running.

P.S. I have this plane too

Donald
Shalomar

Postby Natman22 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:17 pm

Thanks for the reply Donald, I believe I've checked the avionics switch to make sure it is on. I am also using the Reality GTN 750 and it works just fine when starting the flight with the engines running without having to switch anything else on. I believe the GTN 750 is also on the avionics buss. To check further, I just opened X-Plane on my desktop in non VR mode without using Flyinside and the PFD displays and radios all work as they should from startup. I am thinking there might be an issue with the SASL and flyinside in this airplane but I wouldn't know how to go about checking it. I have tried removing all of the plug-ins too but the PFD's and radios still stay dark in Flyinside VR. Again, with Native VR they work as they should. Are you using Oculus with Flyinside when you fly this airplane? Thanks for any help!
Win 10 500G SSD/ i7 4790 @ 4ghz/32gig/ Zotac 1070 mini/Oculus Rift HMD/X-Plane 11.26/ 8Tb orthos
Natman22

Postby Shalomar » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:59 pm

You are right; there is an issue with this aircraft. Now that I think of it I have been so enamored by the TBM that I haven't gotten around to this purchase and got my info from 2D streamers.

So yes; just like the Eclipse, this aircraft has issues with Flyinside. Can't Bizjet lovers catch a break???
Shalomar

Postby Fab10 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:54 am

I have exactly this issue, no PFD, ND, map/wxr, or radios in my S525 under FI VR.
In native, these displays are fine.
If you go to the large desktop VR display, clicking on these instruments will open a 2D version of it which will function normally.
Carenado just closed my ticket without a constructive answer (followed cheekily by a “How did we do?” Survey!) though to be fair I did question the veracity of their “Fully VR Compatible” product statement.
Anyway, if you have any ideas, I’d be grateful for them.
Fabio
6700K, o/c 4.6Mhz, Z170, 16Gb 3000Mhz, W10, XP11.25
Fab10

Postby Natman22 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:27 pm

Hi Fabio, Carenado responded to and closed my service ticket by saying that they would only provide support for native VR - X-Plane. They basically said it was a Flyinside issue and to take it up with them. I posted the issue here and so far have had no response from FI support. I am disappointed but not upset with Carenado as I can somewhat understand that they cannot guarantee compatibility with EVERY single third party plug-in out there but I agree with you that there should be some kind of disclaimer on their website for all of the folks who still prefer Fly-inside to Native. I don't think we are alone. I think I own every airplane that Carenado has produced for X-Plane 11 and a lot that were for XP-10 back in the day. I consider myself a loyal Carenado customer but I don't like being a "guinea pig" for testing their products with what is a fairly mature and I assume still popular software like FI. Unfortunately I will not purchase anything else from them in the future until I find out on the forums that it will work with FI. I suppose the Flyinside support folks are very busy with the release of their own stand alone flight sim and guys like us who still use the plug-in version will just have to wait to have our issues looked into. My Aerobask Eclipse 550NG has been collecting dust for several months because FI also causes it to crash the sim. I guess it will now have some company. In the meantime I have warned several of my VR sim friends who use FI to hold off purchasing the Citation until this issue is resolved.

Regards,
Nathan
Natman22

Return to Aircraft Compatibility with X-Plane *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019