FSDT (Couatl) Software Conflict

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

FSDT (Couatl) Software Conflict

Postby markch » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:05 am

Hi All!

I am experiencing issues with all FSDT sceneries when running FlyInside with any aircraft.

Every time I am trying to load at any of the airports that are using Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX ( when using FlyInside only) I am getting messages saying that Couatl encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted needs to be updated ( updated add on manager and engine many times)

Here is the link to the FSDT forum I found on suggesting the fix:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=16883.0

Here is the Virtuali (fsdt software developers) suggestion of the fix from forum above:

Basically problem is related to the way Flyinside software works.

"It launches FSX itself, and the first time it started, it creates the fsx_flyinside.cfg, which is *derived* from the FSX.CFG which was valid at that time and, since it starts FSX itself, the sim will use the fsx_flyinside.cfg, which is the name of the main .exe process.

In any case, I can see issues if any of your addons makes changes to the FSX.CFG *after* you installed FlyInside, which in this case would prevent it from working, like adding its own Simobjects paths, which is something many addons do ( SODE, UT2, GSX, etc. ).

A proper way to handle this, would by that FlyInside should compare the last modification date of the "real" FSX.CFG against its own and, if the FSX.CFG it's newer, rebuild the fsx_flyinside.cfg file again, taking the new settings from the FSX.CFG and apply its own changes."

Can we expect anyone at FlyInside to implement this fix anytime soon please?

Latest FlyInside version.
i7 4790K at 4.8 ghz
16gb ddr3
GTX970
Oculus rift
FSX sp2

Very Best Regards

Mark
markch

Re: FSDT (Couatl) Software Conflict

Postby sdkellner » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:29 am

I have exactly the same problem.

Has this been addressed, and if not, will it be? Otherwise it looks like the only option is to reinstall FlyInside after each FSDreamTeam (and maybe other providers) installation or update.

Thanks.

Stu
sdkellner

Postby Tony » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:18 am

I think this was looked at but the programs were incompatible.....I'll double check for you.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby sdkellner » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:53 am

Tony wrote:I think this was looked at but the programs were incompatible.....I'll double check for you.

Hi Tony - did you manage to find out?

Many thanks.

Stu
sdkellner

Postby Tony » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:00 pm

Hi Stu, Dan is going to take another look at this but no time frame mate ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby sdkellner » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:08 am

Tony wrote:Hi Stu, Dan is going to take another look at this but no time frame mate ;)

Thanks Tony (and Dan).

Stu
sdkellner

Postby admin » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:57 pm

Hi Stu,

So the idea is to have a separate FSX.cfg and FSX_flyinside.cfg, so that you can tune your settings differently. Most users will want higher graphics settings on Desktop than in VR (where frame-rate matters more), hence the reason this exists. If we always copied over FSX.cfg when it's newer, we could end up overwriting the user's customized VR settings unexpectedly. That said, it should work as follows:

1. Run FlyInside FSX - FSX_FlyInside.cfg is used to populate VR settings
2. Run FSX normally (on-desktop) - Plain old FSX.cfg or FSX_se.cfg should be used

Are you seeing FSX use the "_flyinside.cfg" file even when running in pure desktop mode?

Btw, you shouldn't need to reinstall FlyInside every time. If you delete FSX_FlyInside.cfg, FlyInside FSX will regenerate a fresh FSX_FlyInside.cfg from your FSX.cfg. Could you confirm whether this works for you?

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby sdkellner » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:03 am

Hi Dan

Thanks for this. As well as FSX.cfg, I also had fsx_FlyInside.cfg and fsx_se_FlyInside.cfg files. I run FSX-SE, but don't seem to have a FSX-SE.cfg file?

Anyhow, I deleted both the FlyInside versions and started FlyInside FSX. When I tried to run GSX, I was asked to run the FSDT updater, which I did. Once it had completed, I was able to use GSX as normal within VR.

So it looks like we have a workaround - if it doesn't work again i just need to delete the FlyInside cfg files and perhaps re-run the Couatl installer.

Thanks for your help.

Stu
sdkellner

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here