Call for Testers

Moderators: Tony, admin

Call for Testers

Postby admin » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:51 pm

Hi All,

We're looking to add five more beta testers to our private beta testing group. You'll be testing out flight-model changes and the new scenery engine, leading up to the next large public beta update. If you're interested, just say so here with a little bit about yourself :)

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: Call for Testers

Postby malong » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:59 pm

I'm already looking at the stall/spin behavior. Are there other areas I should be paying attention to as well?

Mike
malong

Postby mobiusfix » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:37 pm

If you don't need real pilots for your beta test, I'm happy to help. I'm good at spotting bugs and figuring out how to recreate them.
mobiusfix

Postby awinwey » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:59 am

Hi,

I can spare a few hours to do some testing for you.

Have done spin recovery training in a Cessna 150, though haven't flown one for thirty years.

But I do enjoy flight envelope testing, and have spun (or attempted to) and stalled lots of different aircraft types in P3D v4.

I have also done professional software development, and have done beta testing for Justflight.

Just wondering which aircraft you intend to spin? The T-38 has quite benign spin characteristics, generally requiring full outspin aileron which leads to an inverted spin which decays to spiral dive, given enough altitude. Not really a good candidate for creating a realistic spin model against.

None of the other aircraft are really spin candidates, though wouldn't mind giving it a go :)

Regards

Andy

PS, Set-up is Oculus Rift, Saitek X-65 and Pro-pedals.
Cheers

Andy

Platform Specs for reference:
Oculus Rift CV1 + Leap Motion
Saitek X-55 + pro-pedals
i7-4790K @ 4GHz /16GB memory + Nvidia GTX980
awinwey

Postby TomC » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:21 am

Imho I think it would be better to just put out a beta version that all can try and there is a problem can rollback to the previous version. Dragging this out with a few testers is just going to prolong Develoment imho. Please try to get something out soon. Thanks.
Alienware 17r4 Laptop (Dec/2017); i7-7700HQ (2.8/3.6Ghz), GTX1060-6Gb, 32GB ram, Oculus Rift w/touch controllers, various flight sticks and gamepads. Now with Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) w/GTX1080ti plus Asus VG248QE 144hz external monitor.
TomC

Postby Gigster527 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:02 pm

I am a certificated pilot, please include me in your beta test group.
Gigster527

Postby vtid » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:56 pm

Hi. I'm happy to test as that's effectively what I'm doing atm anyway as I've recently bought the app, plus I work in IT so I can't help it.

I'm not a rl pilot or a flight sim regular at all (until this week!), so I can only test as an experienced gamer and VR early adopter & enthusiast. I'm particularly interested in VR sims, beit Dj-ing, Table Tennis, Flight Sims, Car sims etc. For me it's about immersion and learning (at least some) real life skills along the way.

I've already several bugs to report, including one that just chucked me out of the game for changing to the co-pilot seat :)

Let me know if I can be of help.

Thanks.
vtid

Postby Retnavycpo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:47 pm

Am not a real world pilot, but am retired, with a lot of time on my hands! Let me know if you still need a beta tester. Pete
Retnavycpo

Postby MincetonChurchill » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:54 pm

Hi there,

I'm brand new to this game - previously FSX, P3d etc but I absolutely LOVE this game and think it has game changing potential.

I have a private pilots licence (single engine piston) and some rotary experience. I also work as an Infrastructure IT Consultant for a massive computer games publisher. I am no developer but understand the games industry in some depth and am familiar with development workflows, build processes, QA, Compatibility, Documentation writing, Continuous Integration & cloud/infrastructure resources and strategies. I think I could definitely help you develop my new favourite game :-)

I would love to get involved in this project in any way that may help. I have often remarked that if my firm purchased a flight sim studio I would immediately get in with their devs - unfortunately they dont do that kind of game.

If you think I might be able to help please let me know.

Cheers
Andy

i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
32GB
Muiltiple SSD & M2
HTC Vive Pro
Andy

i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
32GB
Muiltiple SSD & M2
HTC Vive Pro
MS FF2 Joystick
CH Pro Throttle
Some unsprung Pedals!!
MincetonChurchill

Postby greeham » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:47 am

I'll put my hand up too.

Although I have no RW experience I have tested sim products in the past and am a stickler for detail, particularly scenery.

Been using your product for over a year with my oculus rift and have now upgraded to a Vive Pro. (Along with my 1070Ti and i7)

I've only just got round to trying the new sim and I am astounded by the fluidity.

Let me know if I can help in any way and have the time to dedicate to it.

Thanks,

Graham
P3D 4.4/XP 11/AFS2/Flyinside FS | Win 10 Pro 64 | ASUS ROG Z370-E Gaming | Intel i7-8700k 3.7GHz | 16Gb Corsair DDR4 RAM | Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070Ti | Samsung 850 Evo 250Gb x 2 | HTC Vive Pro | Oculus Rift
greeham

Next

Return to General discussion