Flickering imported windows

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Flickering imported windows

Postby velador73 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:58 pm

Hi everyone,
I do not know if this is something only happening to me or it is normal.

The situation: Doing a long flight, usually while I am cruising I remove my glasses to relax my eyes for a while
The issue: The monitor appears with FSX halfed windows (I can understand that), but the windows that I have imported into FlyInside are blocking my screen and if I have more than two windows imported (I use to have Navigraph charts, PDF with the checklist and Active Sky Next) are flickering intermittently one on top of the other, making impossible to open any other window (any window I open comes behind them).
Has anyone else have the same issue? If so, how can I fix it? I have taken a look on the setups on FlyInside but nothing I could find, also in the forums...

Thanks in advance :)

I am using FSX Fly Inside, Oculus, my graphic card is a Radeon 580 8Gb, 16gb RAM, SSD, and Intel i7 8700
velador73

Re: Flickering imported windows

Postby admin » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:02 pm

So this is normal. We need to place the windows over the desktop in-order to capture images of them unfortunately. That said, it shouldn't be apparent in VR, only on the monitor (let me know if you're seeing otherwise).

If you need to use your monitor and the windows are getting in the way, place your HMD face-down on your desk (so the screen is facing down, strap is sticking up into the air). When your HMD is vertical FlyInside turns off the "always on top" so you can use your monitor interruption free.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: Flickering imported windows

Postby velador73 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:07 pm

Thanks Dan.
I was placing the glasses horizontal... LOL.
Upside down next time ;)
velador73

Return to General forum