Issue with shaders

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Issue with shaders

Postby stevesavage73 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:26 pm

Hello, recently I download flyinside I am using the newest xplane version with the vive. For some reason when I start the flight with any airplane and any airport. the screens go black and comes up with a shader error.
Attachments
shader error.jpg
shader error.jpg (26.14 KiB) Viewed 17065 times
stevesavage73

Re: Issue with shaders

Postby Shalomar » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:59 pm

The latest version of X plane Flyinside supports is 11.26; 11.30 update has not released.

Donald
Shalomar

Postby Schullebernd » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:49 am

Is there any Update on supporting XP 11.30! FlyInside is the last option I want to try to get VR running with my FF A320 Ultimate before I give my new Oculus back. First I bought Oculus VR to notice that my System is too weak ( OK, an update was already planed). Then I bought new PC Hardware to make it fit for VR and higher Framerates. Then I bought the FF A320 just to notice, that the 3D Mouse is not working with it.
Now I would like to test FlyInside and what happens? Error with Shader, not chance to get it running.

If you say the 11.30 compatibility will come within the next week, I can wait. If not, I will give back the Oculus now. Its a nice feeling with VR, but 400 bucks for a very blurry screen ( yes I did all the optimization stuff with the debug tool), compatibility problems with add on aircrafts, errors and crashes, is too much for me.
I know, that the half of the time playing XP is for testing and optimization but VR is maybe not in a state, where it just makes fun.
Schullebernd

Postby Tony » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:46 am

The update for FI will be this week or early next week. You've hit the compromise that us simmers have got since early DK2 days where the resolution isn't quite there with this round of headsets. But and a big but, the immersion of being inside a flight sim far outweighs the slight resolution issues. You can zoom in to the dials you can lean in or adjust your seat to be closer. Don't give up on it just yet ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Schullebernd » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:31 am

Tony wrote:The update for FI will be this week or early next week. You've hit the compromise that us simmers have got since early DK2 days where the resolution isn't quite there with this round of headsets. But and a big but, the immersion of being inside a flight sim far outweighs the slight resolution issues. You can zoom in to the dials you can lean in or adjust your seat to be closer. Don't give up on it just yet ;)

Thanks for the quick answer. That sounds very good. So let's wait until next week...
And, you're right! The immersion of sitting in a virtual plane is gorgeaous, even if I had no chance to takeoff but only sitting in the cockpit and looking around (I didn't know, how much time you can spend only on this ;-))
Schullebernd

Postby Tony » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:56 am

This is my 4th year and I fly in VR nearly every other day, think that's enough? Lol
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby kasch » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:02 pm

@Schulebernd

Don't give back your oculus :o , the waiting is worth while. FlyInside is always correct with their updates, soon after the X plane 11 new releases they launch their update. I wouldn't rely to much on the updates of Flight Factor as they are not very concerned about the VR-Simmer, because for them we are still a minority in fligtsimming, but not for long I guess. Once you do a flight in VR you don't want to go back to regular monitors, even not to a homemade cockpit. I know, at the moment, the resolution is lousy but the immersion effect is tremendous (Trump would say :lol: ). You should assign a HOTAS-slider to the zoomfunction, so you can read your instruments much better. I like the A320 from Flight Factor a lot, but in the meantime I Fly the Jardesign A330 (JD330XP11_311) which comes with an animated copilot= Linda. She listens to your voice an can be a great help in critical situation where you have both your hands on the HOTAS, she can turn switches, set flaps, arm speedbrakes... etc. for you. You're not alone anymore in the cockpit. I think I'm falling in love with her :oops: , but I guess it is not reciprocal as I am almost twice her age. She is 32, I asked her :D .
I hope you don't give up to soon, I'm sure you will like flying the FF A320 with your oculus once you have the FlyInside update. I didn't enjoy flightsimulation as much as I do now, and I am a simmer since the early days (Sublogic ATP 1990), I have all the Microsoft flightsimulators, but until now X Plane 11 is my favorite.
Have a little patience,
Cheers ;)

Intel i7-4790, 3.6GHz, 16GB, Nvidia GTX 1080, FSX,X Plane11, FIFS, Rift
kasch

Postby Schullebernd » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:17 am

Hehe, having a nice Copilot makes the time short on the airways!!! Why is she not available in the A320 from JD? Because this is my current plane for testing.
I've also been flying since many years. Started with Flight Simulator 95 and unsed almost every MS FS version until FSX. For a long time it was my main sim, but is has become old. Since 3 years now I'm using X Plane and it's amazing compared to FSX. Ok, I don't know how P3D feels and performs now but you can not try everything.
Anyway, finally I had the chance to do some test flights (with the JD A320) and also to compare the Oculus with a Mixed Reality Headset from Acer (a colleague gave it to me). The first time using the WMR headset I thought it is a little bit sharper and better. But the field of view is very small and becomes very unsharp and blurry as soon as you move your eyes a little bit outside of the center. This is definitly not with the oculus. But the oculus in sum is a little bit more blurry than the WMR (ok, it simply has a lower resolution). I just finished the second test flight with oculus now and I have to agree with you both. If you're focused on flying and handling all the MCDUs and FMGs stuff you do not notice the blurriness. And there is also one big difference between oculus and WMR. After 1.5h flying my eyes became very tired with the WMR headset. This is not with the oculus.
But Ok, I don't want to write a comparison article now. The only thing I want to say is:
I'll keep the oculus. I think, after some further houres of optimization I'll reach an image quality that is good enough and if FlyInside will bring further handling features or maybe a little bit better quality/performance, I'll be lucky.
Schullebernd

Postby Schullebernd » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:09 am

Good morning,
without the goal to annoy someone I‘d like to ask how the status is?
Yesterday I tried to do a „2D“ flight with my Airbus, but hounestly it feels wrong without VR.
Schullebernd

Postby kasch » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:00 pm

@ Schullebernd

Good evening,
The FlyInside update for X Plane 11.30 is not yet out for the moment :( , but in the meantime you can fly other planes in native X Plane11.30-VR, you don't need FlyInside for that. I don't know if you own the JD A320, but this one has a visible mouse pointer in VR. Otherwhise, if you want to fly another jetliner ( ok, not an airbus, this time) I can recommend the FREE Boeing 737-800 modified Zibo, (https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... nt-1090268) which is an nice airplane with nice graphics in VR.

Cheers,
kasch

Next

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019