single engine trainer?

Moderators: Tony, admin

single engine trainer?

Postby joopje » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:39 pm

Hi,

Thinking about buying this sim. Looks excellent and I'm having g a lot of fun with the demo.
Because I'm not a very experienced flight simmer I'd love to see a single engine trainer in this sim like c172, 152 or Cherokee.
I have quite a few of those in xplane11 and P3d. I solely fly in VR nowadays and flyinside feels so smooth compared to the other Sims. I also love the fact that I can just keep the Oculus on my head without having to take it off every minute in xplane11 or P3d.

So, will there be a trainer aircraft in the near future. That would be an immediate buy for me.

Thanks

Joopje
joopje

Re: single engine trainer?

Postby fooleranto » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:13 pm

Hello Joopje!

I think your question has already been answered. See here: https://forum.flyinside-fsx.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=7327&p=32170&hilit=cessna#p32170

Greatings from Germany

Gunter
Intel i7 7700K, 4,2 GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1080, Windows 10, Leap Motion
fooleranto

Postby joopje » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:18 am

Ok thanks!!
joopje

Postby fooleranto » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:32 am

Hello Joopje!

I hope that external manufacturers of aircraft and helicopters such as Milviz will adapt their products to the FIFS and give us a wide choice. Most of the models in the FIFS are from Milviz, so it is well known how to do this. Unfortunately Milviz does not have any Cessna 172 or 152 on offer, so nothing can be expected from this side. I myself am hot on the Bell UH-1 (my personal favourite helicopter) and would be very happy if this helicopter would appear. This should not be for nothing. I would be willing to pay good money for a good model.

So, developer of Milviz, get on with it, there's something to earn!

Many greetings from Germany

Gunter
fooleranto

Postby admin » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:03 am

Gunter, you have a good eye ;) Yes, the reason we launched without a 172 is because Milviz didn't have one, and every agreement w/ an aircraft dev takes time to figure out and ink. Out of the different devs we spoke with, Milviz had a fantastic variety of aircraft (all very high quality for VR), without needing to coordinate multiple publishers at once. Now we are working on obtaining a single-engine piston "trainer" because it's the largest gap in our line-up. We actually have a couple more Milviz aircraft to add, but have been prioritizing the piston single.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby fooleranto » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:50 am

Hello Dan!

Well, many users will be happy about that. But if I were you, I would prioritize the helicopters, because as far as I know there is practically no flight simulation at the moment that has really implemented this topic satisfactorily. Only DCS has helicopters that fly realistically. However, this is not a flight simulator in the actual sense, but a military game. However, if you succeed in doing this, together with the other ridiculous rest, FIFS would be the flight simulator for helicopter friends (and I think that's not a few of them). The fact that Milviz already has some quite reasonable helicopters on offer should not be too difficult for you. It would be important that the flight physics is as realistic as possible, because that is the crux of the matter. The C172, on the other hand, is already available in multiple versions for every other flight simulator. I also like to fly with it, but I can already do that with other flight simulators. Think about that.

But before everyone beats me up, I want to make it clear that I don't want to start a discussion in which aircraft pilots attack helicopter pilots, or vice versa. That's just my assessment, it can be good or bad and I respect when other people disagree. The decision will be up to FlyInside anyway.

With greatings from Germany

Gunter
fooleranto

Postby joopje » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:26 pm

Hi guys,

Interesting discussion!

The a2a c172 would be awesome. Or justflight 152.

A Huey would also be very cool. I love the Huey in DCS but if like to see it in a casual flightsim.

Cheer
Jozeff
joopje

Return to General discussion