Rex environment force FI not entering sim

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Rex environment force FI not entering sim

Postby Badwolfx » Sat May 04, 2019 6:09 am

Just installed REX's new environment force, everything working fine except flyinside won't take me into the sim. It just says 'waiting for simulator'. I can see the cockpit etc on the vr desktop but it never takes me inside. Nothing is frozen, processes running fine. Any ideas? worked fine prior to rex install

software Spec,
P3dV4.5
FI ver 1.98
Windows 10
Badwolfx

Re: Rex environment force FI not entering sim

Postby KaptnChaos » Sat May 04, 2019 5:54 pm

I have the same problem, after instaling Rex enviroment FI don't seems to be enable to start like its shud. The message is: "waiting for simulator". I can see the cocpit and the simulator is runing but movment from my vr (oculus rift cv) dont respond in the wiew. The FI menu button is dark and can not be pushed, the rest off buttons are highlighted and responding. VR works fine in P3d but FI is not starting up properly. The problem is there with or whitout Rex enviroment runing. I have also updated FS global real weather to p3d 4.5
I hope this is a smal bug that can be fixed soon, and FI can shortly be up and runing again.
KaptnChaos

Postby Badwolfx » Sun May 05, 2019 11:30 am

Further test shows native VR works fine.
If I completely uninstall Rex EF then flyinside works as normal again but when reinstalled it went back to the waiting phase. Like you say, once installed it doesn’t matter whether Rex is running as an open app or not, flyinside gets dtuck on that screen. Interestingly Rex EF seems to work at the C++ scripting level, as does FI, so I wonder if there is a conflict??
Badwolfx

Postby brendanhallett » Tue May 07, 2019 7:14 am

Doesn't REX's new environment force modify the shaders?? In that case it will not work from my understanding
brendanhallett

Postby KaptnChaos » Fri May 10, 2019 8:12 am

I have adressed our problem regarding FI and Rex enviroment force to the Rexgamesuport also, and I awaiting answers from them. I think rexgame can have the solution for the problem if there is a problem whit shader or something like it in the Rex enviroment app that make FI to freez.
Anyway, I like to hear from Tony or FI suport what they think about our problem and how we can find a solution to it.
KaptnChaos

Postby KaptnChaos » Mon May 13, 2019 5:50 pm

Hi eweryone!
Just for a update from takling to REXsuport. They have promised to look in to the problem and reach out to FI suportteam if nessery, so hp
hopefully we can have the FI up and running agin soon. Cross fingers..
KaptnChaos

Postby KaptnChaos » Wed May 22, 2019 4:08 pm

Just a litle update. I have been notice by REXsupport they still working to find any solution in our problem to intigrate enviroment to FL, or finding out wat the problem really is. If anyone find out somthing else, please let me know.
KaptnChaos

Postby eMarcel » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:16 am

I'm also talking to Rex support and they have send me this:

We have received word that the developer of FlyInside fixed the compatibility on his end. Do you have the latest build from them?

Sincerely,
REX Quality Assurance Team

So now the ball has been bounced back ...

I can't use FI in combination with REX EF :/ My p3d is crashing at the very start ... PLEASE help!
eMarcel

Return to P3D Bug Reporting Here