Switch off Touch with Rift S?

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Switch off Touch with Rift S?

Postby Mr_man » Wed May 22, 2019 9:43 am

I tested with the Rift S and FSX yesterday (P3D4 to be tested later) and whilst it looks great, the main problem is that, unlike the CV1 Touch, the controllers are active all the time.

This means that all the FlyInside menus have to be controlled using Touch - as well as any VC controls in the sim, as FlyInside seems to automatically switch on Touch interaction and disable the view interaction dot function.

It was bad enough before - if you suddenly need to get control of your aircraft when you have Touch in your hand the choices are often drop Touch or crash - which is why i never used Touch after testing it. The second is due to having to feel for the Touch controllers - now even worse due to the diminished nose gap on the S.

So despite the big increase in quality of our sims, I'm currently not flying them due to having no choice but to use Touch.

So the question is - can we disable Touch interaction within FlyInside? I had a good look through the options but was unable to find anything to allow that. It's unrealistic to expect us to remove the batteries from Touch so they are not recognised, which is the only other way I can think of avoiding having to use them.
Mr_man

Re: Switch off Touch with Rift S?

Postby blueshark747 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:52 pm

That really sucks...
So they HMD will not run with the controller being off?
blueshark747

Postby Mr_man » Thu May 23, 2019 10:05 am

I need to check again and try disabling the controller from Home - but not seen that option before and it would be a pain to have to remember to do that before each session and then remember to activate it again afterwards.

I'll report back when I've reviewed the options further.
Mr_man

Postby Mr_man » Thu May 23, 2019 10:32 am

Yes, I've had a good look through everything and the only way to get to be able to not have to control everything with Touch is to remove the batteries before you start Oculus Home and then FlyInside.

Maybe something will be done, but I very much doubt it - look at the number of problem queries, questions and such like in the forums over the last few months that have gone completely unanswered. I've completely lost faith in these people.

So just remember to remove the batteries and put them back in after your flight sim sesh, if you want to fly without Touch - and the Touch implementation in the menus is pretty awful, too, so it's not just about in-sim.
Mr_man

Return to FlyInside General Discussion