New version of FSX to be released

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

New version of FSX to be released

Postby brendanhallett » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:15 pm

Did everyone see this announcement this morning?

https://youtu.be/ReDDgFfWlS4
brendanhallett

Re: New version of FSX to be released

Postby Deano1973 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:08 am

Yes, it's creating a HUGE amount of news already and, fingers crossed, looks to be the new standard in flight sims.

However, to generate that level of detail over large areas either means it's location specific ( buy and download your country's scenery ) or it's procedurally generated, which would mean a permanent Internet connection to stream the underlying satellite scenery. That would explain the mention of Gamepass as a requirement, rather than an option. Given the continuous move toward streaming content rather than owning physical games, I'm guessing that streaming is most likely. With the underlying data being satellite, that also likely means no seasonal variation in terrain textures, much like X-Plane. Not a deal breaker, but something to think about.

That weather is what gets me though, volumetric cloud in full formation, which along with ground and air traffic is likely where Azure AI comes in. If that all works out of the box, and it supports VR too, I'll be in the queue come launch time, no question! :)
Intel i7-7700K 4GHz, Corsair 1TB SSD / 500GB HD, liquid cooled, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080, Oculus Rift CV1 on FSX:Deluxe and P3D v3 with TacPack

DC Designs
Deano1973

Postby Tony » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:30 am

Yes jaw dropping mate !!! I am thinking streaming service with a subscription, but let's wait and see. And yes...those clouds :)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby aidenrooker » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:33 am

It seems to be the new standard in flight sims.
aidenrooker

Postby Tony » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:01 pm

We shall see when it is released :)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to FlyInside General Discussion