Low framerates on highend computer

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Low framerates on highend computer

Postby Rhaph » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:34 pm

Hi all,

I could use some help tuning Flyinside with FSX. Something is wrong and I can't figure out what it is.
I have a pc with I9 9900K with RTX 2080 videocard and 32G Ram (I know this doesn't really matter). I'm getting 30 fps if lucky with graphics settings turned down in FSX (graphics, scenery,...).
I have some ORBX and Rex addons installed but I tried without them loaded and it's still the same. Settings in flyinside are standard.
I followed the wiki and it told me to turn graphics down and gradually increase settings for improving averything. I start with a 45 fps when using the very basic hangglider in FSX so no room to improve anything.
Am I missing something? Is there some settings I overlooked? Anybody with a highend pc with the same problem?
Rhaph

Re: Low framerates on highend computer

Postby blueshark747 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:51 pm

Its best not to touch any Flyinside settings as setting anything higher than default causes micro judder
blueshark747

Postby nofmxc » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:20 am

I have the same issue. My machine is well above what should be needed, and it isn't struggling at all, but frame rate is capped at 45 FPS when not looking directly at the cockpit a lot of the times. Even after setting everything to low.
nofmxc

Postby Tony » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:00 pm

nofmxc wrote:I have the same issue. My machine is well above what should be needed, and it isn't struggling at all, but frame rate is capped at 45 FPS when not looking directly at the cockpit a lot of the times. Even after setting everything to low.

What headset are you using ? The Rift or Rift S ? Sounds like ASW kicking in ??
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby nofmxc » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:39 pm

Tony wrote:
nofmxc wrote:I have the same issue. My machine is well above what should be needed, and it isn't struggling at all, but frame rate is capped at 45 FPS when not looking directly at the cockpit a lot of the times. Even after setting everything to low.

What headset are you using ? The Rift or Rift S ? Sounds like ASW kicking in ??

I'm using the Rift CV1
nofmxc

Postby blueshark747 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:06 am

Im using the Oddysey Plus.
Like I said before it runs more stable when you leave the Flyinside resolution settings on default along with whatever changes Flyinside makes to FSX graphics settings.
I capped my FPS to 31 because anything higher makes ai and other players stutter and jump when flying next to them.
Low fps isn’t an issue in FSX its when micro judders are introduced that ruins the scenery movement.
I can’t figure out for the life of me what is causing this.
Seems to happen only when viewing scenery outside the plane from side to side.
I don’t see any stutter looking straight.
Also depends on aircraft used.
Some aircraft just aren’t optimized for VR and eat a ton of fps being rendered in 3d.
Same with weather rex 3d clouds also eat performance
blueshark747

Return to General forum