FlyInside Flight Simulator Beta2 Branch - 0.6.0.0

Moderators: Tony, admin

Re: FlyInside Flight Simulator Beta2 Branch - 0.6.0.0

Postby velador73 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:50 am

betampona wrote:Hello, a short video to show the road that remains to be covered.
Greetings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=293&v=7t7UgMJd1oE

I don´t think this is related to FlyInside...your video mentions it´s Europe 3 and Xplane 11...
velador73

Postby admin » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:00 am

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone!

Trees - We're working on improving the positioning of these, so they don't overlap water, road,s buildings, etc
Airport Elevations, Floating Taxiways, etc - Very much a work in progress
Rainbow Terrain Chunks - We're still working on this, we've seen it a couple of times in-house. The issue is it takes so long to reproduce, and is rather intermittent, so we're having trouble recreating it enough to determine the cause.

velador73 - Thank you so much for the great reviews :D
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby John Hargreaves » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:52 am

Has there been any change with the pilot view camera at all in this latest update? Just in normal flight in the MD500, I'm seeing the landscape moving and swaying slightly, which gives a slightly dizzying feeling. It's as if the view has become more fixed to the aircraft. I haven't noticed this in previous versions so I might be imagining this, it's quite subtle, and seems to be connected to the way the aircraft sways along in normal flight ( I guess replicating the wind effect, which I think is realistic). It's hard to lock your gaze to a fixed point on the horizon, and I'm guessing it's a camera/world movement setting. I've tried toggling the camera shake/movement button, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I haven't played for a week or two, but I don't remember it being noticeable before, perhaps some kind of a world movement slider would be helpful to get it set to the user's preference.
i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/OE-XAM R22 collective/Reverb G2
John Hargreaves

Postby fooleranto » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:09 am

Hi!

Overall, it looks quite good. As one of my predecessors has already written, the trees in the mountains grow out of the ground in such a way that they protrude diagonally from the mountain and, depending on the steepness, are almost horizontal.

If you fly from EDNY to the south, you get to the Lake of Constance. The water of this lake reaches beyond the shore, so that a part of the shore is flooded. Thus, for example, an outdoor swimming pool that is located directly at the shore is flooded. In addition, the water surface follows the terrain, which means that there are also elevations and depressions in the lake.

With greatings from Germany

Gunter
Intel i7 7700K, 4,2 GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1080, Windows 10, Leap Motion
fooleranto

Postby velador73 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:18 pm

Thanks a lot @Admin.

I made another about flight dynamics and how it impacts the weather...crosswind landings.. they really have an "impact" :)

You could find a big hole in London... and I´m sure that is not a meteorite ;)
Could you share with us a "roadmap" about stuff that you plan to bring in with the new releases? I wouldn´t mind testing things that you still have in progress before Beta to provide feedback. Really excited about your job guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ_vjVyoqm4
velador73

Postby velador73 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:15 pm

Landing without engines also works fantastically well.
You can really feel the push from the engine working... and landing without both engines also great!!!
Already in Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU1mnr-QF6Q
velador73

Postby admin » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:06 pm

Hi All,

Thank you for the feedback!

John - There's a "View -> Enable Shaky Cam" option but it's disabled by default. Otherwise it should be the same. Please let me know if you're still seeing it.

Fooleranto - Thanks for the info! We're still processing improved water, although it still isn't perfect. It should get better ;) Trees too

Velador - Glad you're enjoying the flight model! We have a new release coming out today, I'll include a bit of a roadmap there.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General discussion