Question about Beta

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Question about Beta

Postby Buzzard2008 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:45 am

Hey there guys, I'm new to Flyinside Simulator, I dont have VR, just use my joystick and mouse at the mo. 1st question: The interior of the aircraft look much sharper in the virtual reality videos than they do in my sim, is this the norm? 2nd question, at the moment I have a lot of blurry scenery here and there, I hotspot my phone to my computer for internet, could this be my problem? I have access to proper internet if need be. 3rd question: I brought the game through steam, does this mean I have the latest up to date version, beta2?? Or do I have to opt into it on Steam?

Cheers

Andy :)
Buzzard2008

Re: Question about Beta

Postby admin » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:25 pm

Hi Andy,

You can try changing aircraft quality under Settings -> Graphics. That said, they should look quite sharp on-monitor. Any chance you could send a screenshot of a blurry aircraft?

Hotspot internet will definitely lead to blurrier scenery due to slower image downloads (although I'm surprised it works as well as it does sometimes).

We always launch updates for Steam and non-Steam simultaneously, so don't worry, your update to date.

Hope you enjoy our sim :)

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Buzzard2008 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:23 pm

Ok Dan, thankyou for your quick response :-) what is the keyboard command to take a screenshot? and where do I retrieve it from to edit and post? I wouldnt say the aircraft are blurry but they are just not as sharp as the ones I see online, maybe it's just because they are in 3d, VR ? Keep up the great work!! This sim has loads of potential :-)

Cheers

Andy :-)
Buzzard2008

Postby admin » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:46 pm

Thanks Andy! You could use the built-in Windows Snipping tool from the Start Menu. Alternatively, you can try binding "Settings -> Controls -> Common -> Take Snapshot" which will save either to your Videos or Documents folder by default if I remember correctly.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to FlyInside General Discussion