PIMAX 5k+

Please post your findings and please add what headset you are using in your post.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

PIMAX 5k+

Postby rossj202 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:41 am

Hi
Iv'e been running flyinside flight simulator on oculus cv1 but have removed it and installed my new Pimax 5k+, along with Pitool and steam vr software.
After loading flyinside fs from steam vr , I selected "virtual reality" drop down menu so that i could uncheck monitor and check steam vr. The problem
is, steam vr wont check. When I was running oculus cv1 , I had oculus checked with no problems. Consequently there is no input to the pimax HMD. I have run a game from my oculus library on my Pimax and it works Ok. I have looked on utube but can't find any answers their. Any help appreciated
rossj202

Re: PIMAX 5k+

Postby rossj202 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:28 am

Hi
I have made some progress. I can now select steam vr from the flyinside fs menu bar. I thought I had installed steam vr when in fact i had only installed steam. You have to install them both and run them both at the same time because a game or sim can only be run from the steam library. Oculus was a lot simpler. The view however, is like double vision, ( and I don't mean split screen) so I will have to fix that somehow. I don't have any base stations yet because they haven't been released for the Pimax 5 and 8. but from a youtube video I watched, they are not causing the double vision. I will post again when I get things fixed
rossj202

Postby rossj202 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:04 am

hi again
Have done a lot of research and found a long history of double vision problems with Pimax. Fine with some games and the opposite with others. I have also tried P3dv4.5 with same bad results. I once had a pair of binoculars that had the same problem. They were less expensive so I thru them out. Found a number of fixes that worked for some people and didn't work for others. Might have to wait for release of base stations so that I can start from scratch in my troubleshooting.
rossj202

Postby rossj202 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:56 am

Hi again
Got rid of double vision by installing a later (not latest) version of Pitool and also later (not latest) version Nvidia driver. Ran flyinside flight simulator but don't see any improvement over Oculus cv1, still can't read guages properly. Playing around with IPD dial on Pimax HMD didn't do anything to improve clarity. All results the same when I tried P3Dv4.5 except with the addition of CTD after a few seconds. I will play around with a few settings. A utube video by Swevver https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyOfWEMG-H4&t=690s seams to imply that I should be getting good clarity on my guages . My PC is not identical to his, but not far off. I am also using Process Lasso to spread the cpu load over multiple cores.
i7-8700k OC 4.8 gtx -1080Ti windows 10 pro 64bit
rossj202

Return to Windows Mixed Reality