Boot up error ( cause added )

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Boot up error ( cause added )

Postby Deano1973 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:05 am

Got the Alpha running this morning. Looks great, and getting an average of 60fps in FSX Gold ( Acceleration ) with high detail levels and solid cloud cover.

A fatal error did occur first time around though, my system details are in my signature but can't attach screenshot without a URL. The message says:

FlyInside Fatal Error Encountered
Hooks\FSX\D3D9\IDirect3D9Hooks.cpp:Line69

It worked okay next time around though so hasn't prevented me from enjoying your work.

I've told everybody about it at a military VA org' I'm a member of ( http://www.modsim.com ) and they're getting quite enthusiastic. Kickstarter backed by me, other should hopefully follow. :)

Only one other issue - the menu window won't disappear upon starting flying. Is that an Alpha feature, or can it be removed in the same manner as DCOC? ( which I've used for months and is brilliant ).

Cheers,

ETA: The cause of the error appears to be VRS TacPack, which seems to conflict with FSX Fly Inside. If TacPack is allowed, FSX then crashes. Otherwise, it works fine.
Last edited by Deano1973 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intel i7-7700K 4GHz, Corsair 1TB SSD / 500GB HD, liquid cooled, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080, Oculus Rift CV1 on FSX:Deluxe and P3D v3 with TacPack

DC Designs
Deano1973

Re: Boot up error

Postby Tony » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:38 am

Hi Deano, I take it you mean the UI window? If you click on settings on the UI you can set up a keypress or joystick button to remove it or bring it up again.

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: Boot up error

Postby Deano1973 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:06 am

Techy111 wrote:Hi Deano, I take it you mean the UI window? If you click on settings on the UI you can set up a keypress or joystick button to remove it or bring it up again.
Tony

Super stuff, I'll get that sorted later. Cheers!
Intel i7-7700K 4GHz, Corsair 1TB SSD / 500GB HD, liquid cooled, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080, Oculus Rift CV1 on FSX:Deluxe and P3D v3 with TacPack

DC Designs
Deano1973

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here