Flight Sim Developers Half Off Sale

A place for VR pilots to rest and post screenshots and videos and chat about anything.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Flight Sim Developers Half Off Sale

Postby Robert » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:24 pm

"This week you can take 50% off of all titles for Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D. Just use Discount Code TAKEFIFTY on your shopping cart to receive this special price."

It's valid until this Friday, January 29.

http://www.fsd-international.com

These guys have a great P-38 Lightning and it's $10 on this sale. Anyway, just FYI...
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Re: Flight Sim Developers Half Off Sale

Postby Bruce_C » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:32 am

That 337 is very tempting!
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & CH Pro Pedals

Bruce_C

Postby Tony » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:00 pm

I was thinking the same exact thing mate. Loved that plane ever since I watched Bat 21 many moons ago :)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby exploremore » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:30 pm

They have some nice planes and I bought several of them for FSX
Unfortunately when DX10 came out all the planes I had were not upgraded so I stopped using them
Now we have DX12 so be careful what you buy for P3D
P3D v3.4 & 4 | FlyInside 1.8 | Oculus CV1 | ASRock X99 | Intel i7 | 32Gb RAM | 1Tb SSD | Titan X | Windows 10 | Saitek X52 | Many OrbX items
exploremore

Postby Robert » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:47 pm

Yep - the 337/02 aren't listed for P3D - just FSX and 2004. But if that is all people have or care about, or don't mind that they may not be able to have the plane in P3D, it's all good. :D

The P-38 is listed for both FSX and P3D... (hint hint)

Bruce and I took the 02 up for a flight from Danang up north along the coast and through the mountains back for a landing and it really is a nice plane. One thing - it took us probably almost 30 minutes to figure out that all you do is open the door and click on the stanchion to get rid of the tie downs, ladder, and such. You just click on the accessories to change them or make them go away. Couldn't find that bit of information anywhere!

But for some reason, FSD does have a lot of their planes listed as for FSX and FS 2004 so buyers do need to look closely if that matters to them.
Robert

Postby TonyG » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:02 pm

I loved a lot of the aircraft from FSD, flew the snot out of their Cheyenne and Navajo on Flight Sim Economy. Their T-38 was fantastic, though again, only for FS9.

Sadly, they haven't really developed anything new in quite a while.

If you're interested in a P-38, check out Milviz. FSX, P3Dv2, and it's Tacpac'd as well. They have some outstanding recent releases, F-4, T-38, and F-86.
i5 6700k @ 4.5 Ghz | Asus Hero RoG | 16GB RAM | Nvidia 980ti Asus Strix (364) | 500GB SSD for FSX:SE/P3Dv2.5 and iRacing | OR Runtime 1.3 | FSXFI 1.5PRO | Win7 64bit | X-52 HOTAS & CH Pedals |

....oh...and a CV1 :)
TonyG

Postby Robert » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:40 pm

I was really tempted on the MilViz Phantom but Tony F had problems with it in FlyInside.

And yeah, FSD seems to be coasting and no new planes for a while and a limited stable that they do have. I think the P-38 might be their most recent airplane. It works well for me though and absolutely beautiful to fly. Only thing I have to wonder about is I tried to find if the turbo sound was as pronounced and haven't been able to. It sure sounds sweet though. I used to know people who could answer that question but don't know how to get in touch with them now. I met Jeff Ethel a few times and he certainly could have answered but he died in one. I looked back at his Checkflight video but the audio wasn't where you could tell what the cockpit environment was like.

And I don't remember the details but I think the MilViz and FSD P-38s share a lot of a common development heritage. I read somewhere there was some bad blood and a split of some sort but take that with a grain of salt as I don't remember the details and it really doesn't matter anyway. They both look and work great with just some minor differences.

It's like a mother's choice for me. I love them both equally... :D
Robert

Postby TonyG » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:38 am

Strange about the Milviz Phantom, I've had the E and J/S since release and I've had zero issue. They are fantastic in the rift!
i5 6700k @ 4.5 Ghz | Asus Hero RoG | 16GB RAM | Nvidia 980ti Asus Strix (364) | 500GB SSD for FSX:SE/P3Dv2.5 and iRacing | OR Runtime 1.3 | FSXFI 1.5PRO | Win7 64bit | X-52 HOTAS & CH Pedals |

....oh...and a CV1 :)
TonyG

Return to The Lounge