Dovetail Games - Flight School / Flight Sim

A place for VR pilots to rest and post screenshots and videos and chat about anything.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: Dovetail Games - Flight School / Flight Sim

Postby Tony » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:59 pm

I'm with you guys, no VR then no thanks :)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Derek Speare » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:12 am

I'm wondering if Dan has any thoughts on this one.
Derek "BoxxMann" Speare - An old "sim head"
System: i7-5930k | GTX980ti | Evo850 1tb | 32g ram | 2-DSD Button Boxes | Latest OH | CH Sticks | Win10 Pro | FSX:SE | P3D2.5/3 | XP v10/v11 | Leap Orion | CV1/WMR/DK2

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com
Derek Speare

Postby admin » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:01 pm

It's exciting to see a new modern engine on the way, something the flight simulator space is sorely in need of ;)

Assuming that their new flight sim (and flight school) either lack VR or important VR features, I'll be doing my best to bring FlyInside to it. All speculation right now of course :lol:
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Derek Speare » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:58 pm

admin wrote:It's exciting to see a new modern engine on the way, something the flight simulator space is sorely in need of ;)

Assuming that their new flight sim (and flight school) either lack VR or important VR features, I'll be doing my best to bring FlyInside to it. All speculation right now of course :lol:

If anyone can pull it off, it's you! :D Thank you for the perspective :)
System: i7-5930k | GTX980ti | Evo850 1tb | 32g ram | 2-DSD Button Boxes | Latest OH | CH Sticks | Win10 Pro | FSX:SE | P3D2.5/3 | XP v10/v11 | Leap Orion | CV1/WMR/DK2

Derek Speare

Postby Melchor » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:22 am

It looks like Dan will have to do all the work again.

Melchor, on 16 Feb 2016 - 11:35 PM, said:
Hi Martin. Virtual reality is the future of flight simmulation. Are you planning any support or working closely with Flyinside?

There are no plans to have any VR content in Flight School. 

Something we don’t talk about much is the fact that we do have long history of working with VR. Last year we worked with Valve to convert Euro Fishing into an early prototype to demonstrate their new VR technology at one of their conferences. It was never planned to be a full game but rather a tech demo of sorts. Train Simulator 2015 also contained a not very secret oculus rift development kit mode that we added as an experiment.

At the moment we not working on VR for Flight Simulator directly, however it is definitely on our radar as a possibility for long term development. 

P3D 2.5
i7 4790k OC 4.6
gtx 970
Melchor

Postby Bruce_C » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:34 am

Sounds to me like it might be worth Dan reaching out to Dovetail?
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & CH Pro Pedals

Bruce_C

Postby Robert » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:33 am

Or even vice versa! Sample size was small but 100% here said no VR equals no sale.

Dan will be the one to have to sort out how easy it really will be to add support to either title, but since they said in the Q&A that it's basically just a 64 bit update to the FSX code base with some other stuff and modernization, it may be simple. Fingers crossed that they don't block Dan either in code or license, on purpose or by accident. VR is the future for this stuff and Dovetail would block VR at their own peril. Which is why I'm hopeful it will be easy! :D
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby Derek Speare » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:40 pm

Melchor wrote:It looks like Dan will have to do all the work again.

Melchor, on 16 Feb 2016 - 11:35 PM, said:
Hi Martin. Virtual reality is the future of flight simmulation. Are you planning any support or working closely with Flyinside?

There are no plans to have any VR content in Flight School. 

Something we don’t talk about much is the fact that we do have long history of working with VR. Last year we worked with Valve to convert Euro Fishing into an early prototype to demonstrate their new VR technology at one of their conferences. It was never planned to be a full game but rather a tech demo of sorts. Train Simulator 2015 also contained a not very secret oculus rift development kit mode that we added as an experiment.

At the moment we not working on VR for Flight Simulator directly, however it is definitely on our radar as a possibility for long term development. 

From what I infer after "reading between the lines" is that they don't embrace the necessity and urgency of proper VR implementation. Moreover, I trust that if FlyInside can be integrated with these two new titles, Dan can do it.

Derek Speare

Postby Jst » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:02 pm

I have not seen anything about third party development, is going to be allowed or is it going to be restricted and I hope that it is not going to be one of those games that you have to achieve some task before you can gain access to the next level..

I suppose time will tell.. I think I will stay with P3D for now.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS - i9-9900K 3.6GHz - Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB DDR4 3200MHz - AORUS RTX 2080Ti OC - 3 x 2TB - Samsung 970 Evo M.2 3.0 NVMe
Jst

Postby exploremore » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:07 am

Realistically VR will be supported but at a later date when it becomes more popular
Since VR is such a minuscule portion of the market right now it doesn't get much attention from Dovetail
I think Dovetail are focusing on a focused market niche to begin with and will expand from there
I am very content with P3D so I would need to see a decent bettering of many aspects of the new sims before moving to it
Overall a great future for flight simming even if it just gets all the current FSX users to leave it behind for a better future
P3D v3.4 & 4 | FlyInside 1.8 | Oculus CV1 | ASRock X99 | Intel i7 | 32Gb RAM | 1Tb SSD | Titan X | Windows 10 | Saitek X52 | Many OrbX items
exploremore

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge