First try, bug and suggestion

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

First try, bug and suggestion

Postby Louismg » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:03 pm

Finally got my Vive yesterday. I am quite sure I was using V1.5 and not 1.4, and I had flashing images (like a white flash) every 2 to 3 seconds. Anyone else has that? I'll double check my version and confirm later. (Is there a quick way to check that?)

Besides that tracking was great.

Also, I started using the program seated on my office chair. Then, thanks to super wide lighthouse tracking, I decided to move over to the sofa which is much lower. When I pressed "recenter" I was recentered on the seat alright. Except I was sitting on the floor of the plane. :) Maybe update the head height too when we recenter?

I walked around and could see the plane from the outside. I was floating high up in the air (cockpit floor height), but God that's gonna be exciting when fully implemented!

PS: Note for those planning on their lighthouse placement: when I am at my desk, I am outside my normal chaperone bounds. I am also very close to the wall where the single lighthouse that is tracking me is installed, as well as far from it. Tracking is still good. Very impressive.
Louismg

Re: First try, bug and suggestion

Postby Nedo » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:23 pm

Hi Lousmg!
My Vive is shipping and will arrive Friday (with a little luck tomorrow!)
i just can't wait to flyInside!! :-D

ps. longtime dk2 flyinside user (but sold my dk2 a few months ago) so i have no expirience wih the latest build!
HTC Vive (sold Rift CV1) i7-4790K @4.4Ghz | 16GB DDR3 @2400 Mhz | GTX 1080 Phoenix "GLH" 8GB | Win10 x64 | SSD HD's only | Prepar3D 4
Nedo

Return to HTC Vive