Can't even get in...

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Can't even get in...

Postby PhilDecker » Thu May 19, 2016 8:26 am

I purchased the FlyInside FSX under Windows10 because I loved the trial version with my DK2.
I started FlyInside with my CV1. I get the starting-screen and I can re-center the camera with "any button" of my X-Box Controller. But when I try to choose between "Try it" - "Buy" or "Activate" nothing happens.
The blue dot is on the menu-buttons, but no matter what button I hit, nothing happens. I even tried it with the Oculus-Remote. Nothing. Tried different gamepads. Nothing.
Weird problem and very frustrating to not even get in.

Anybody with a similar problem, who can help me out? I paid good money and I wanna FLYYYYY !!!!!

Thanks
Phil
PhilDecker

Re: Can't even get in...

Postby admin » Thu May 19, 2016 9:05 am

Hi Phil,

Thank you for your purchase and sorry for the trouble :oops:

Sounds like maybe your joystick configuration changed around, and you need to rebind your action key. Clear out your settings in C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\FlyInside and you'll get to pick a new one, and start flying :D

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Sluggabed » Fri May 20, 2016 3:38 am

I'e got the similar issue however I have tried the 'fix' numerous times with no joy.

What I don't get is that it states this can be rectified in the settings, which it can't.

There is no settings menu or bindings menu!, only delete your config in a folder.
Sluggabed

Postby Tony » Fri May 20, 2016 5:48 am

Deleting the config should be enough mate ? Then you restart flyinside and go through your bindings again. Are you saying you don't get this option on restart ?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Sluggabed » Fri May 20, 2016 6:52 am

Yep, I'm not getting any option on the restart.

I simply enter the game, works perfectly on the monitor (tracking and resolution) yet when using VR I'm in the 'place holder world' with the Notification
Sluggabed

Postby Tony » Fri May 20, 2016 7:50 am

Sounds like something else at fault? Can you post your system specs for us mate and win version and FSX version ? And sorry , I never said welcome to you :)

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby admin » Fri May 20, 2016 12:51 pm

Sluggabed wrote:Yep, I'm not getting any option on the restart.

I simply enter the game, works perfectly on the monitor (tracking and resolution) yet when using VR I'm in the 'place holder world' with the Notification

I'm confused, are you getting stuck on "Press any button" to recenter, or the "Try / Buy /Activate" screen?
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Sluggabed » Sat May 21, 2016 7:39 am

admin wrote:
Sluggabed wrote:

I'm confused, are you getting stuck on "Press any button" to recenter, or the "Try / Buy /Activate" screen?

Correct. If you guys haven't got any better suggestions, I'm going to try a fresh install of FSX, sometime ago I had some pretty average 3rd party mods when I seriously bored of it and was trying anything and everything.
Sluggabed

Postby Tony » Sat May 21, 2016 8:14 am

Are you boxed or steam ? Steam runs sweet. If you have boxed then ensure you have both service packs :)

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Sluggabed » Sat May 21, 2016 8:17 am

Tony wrote:Are you boxed or steam ? Steam runs sweet. If you have boxed then ensure you have both service packs :)

Tony

Thanks Tony. I'm the boxed edition with both packs and PMDG if that could be an issue....

And just to clarify (tried to edit post), for info I was stuck on the "Press any button" to recenter screen.
Sluggabed

Next

Return to Oculus Rift CV1