Detecting Compositor with theme settings?

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Detecting Compositor with theme settings?

Postby Hydranmenace » Tue May 31, 2016 4:43 pm

Is there any other way to figure out if composite is running? Can't you just detect the vive compositor in SteamVR? Im on windows 10 pro (whatever the current insider preview build is) but I like dark themes, so I tweaked a high contrast theme to my liking. Any time I want to use Flyinside I have to switch the standard windows 10 theme and back again.
Hydranmenace

Re: Detecting Compositor with theme settings?

Postby admin » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:14 pm

I believe you're talking about "Desktop Composition" which is completely separate from the Vive compositor :) FlyInside should be fine with custom Windows themes, but they need to be based off one which enables transparency/Aero effects. Maybe you can solve the problem with a theme editor, or by creating a new high-contrast/dark theme based upon a standard Aero theme.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby iamandrebarton » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:49 pm

admin wrote:I believe you're talking about "Desktop Composition" which is completely separate from the Vive compositor :) FlyInside should be fine with custom Windows themes, but they need to be based off one which enables transparency/Aero effects. Maybe you can solve the problem with a theme editor, or by creating a new high-contrast/dark theme based upon a standard Aero theme.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan Im havont the same problem, i cant get the game to load i get i need to change to an aero theme. I have one selected but keep getting the same thing. I've tried everything.
6600k gigabyte 980, 8gm ram win 7
iamandrebarton

Postby jkeye » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:12 am

I had the same issues- updating my drivers (create a restore point and use Guru3d DDU utility in safe mode to remove the old ones).Then enabled the option in the registry and system properties ( search enabling desktop compositor on tht Web ).
BW
Jay
i7 4820k@3.7 GHz 16GB RAM GTX1070
HTC Vive P3D v4.2. XP11 11.20
jkeye

Return to HTC Vive