Resolution for the Vive ?

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Resolution for the Vive ?

Postby Zofar » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:20 pm

Hey guys,

Which resolution should i use with the Vive.

I am confused because the Vive has a 2160 x 1200 and there is not this resolution on Flyinside settings. So, should i use the the closest resolution, because a higher resolution is useless with the Vive ?
What are your suggestions on the resolution ?

Thanks !
Wndows 10- I5 4690 - Nvidia Geforce 980 - 16 gb ram - HTC Vive - FSX - Orbx Global - Orbx Vector
Zofar

Re: Resolution for the Vive ?

Postby admin » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:31 pm

Due to the way the lenses transform pixels, it's actually helpful to render at a higher resolution before scaling it down to a 2160x1200 image. So, higher resolutions will make things more crisp. Basically, choose the highest resolution that still gives you good performance (and doesn't cause lots of black flickering), and you'll get better image quality :)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: Resolution for the Vive ?

Postby Zofar » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:36 pm

admin wrote:Due to the way the lenses transform pixels, it's actually helpful to render at a higher resolution before scaling it down to a 2160x1200 image. So, higher resolutions will make things more crisp. Basically, choose the highest resolution that still gives you good performance (and doesn't cause lots of black flickering), and you'll get better image quality :)

Ok thanks for the info.
Wndows 10- I5 4690 - Nvidia Geforce 980 - 16 gb ram - HTC Vive - FSX - Orbx Global - Orbx Vector
Zofar

Return to HTC Vive